Can we install Phoca Gallery 4.5.0 on a Joomal 3.9 Site ?

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Commander
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Can we install Phoca Gallery 4.5.0 on a Joomal 3.9 Site ?

Post by Commander »

Oh, I supposed that this was not necessary since I restored the database tables (thought the settings are in there as well).

Thanks for the hint!

Tags:
Commander
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Commander »

Some progress:
I set Phoca Gallery settings to the values from production site.
Now the categories pages looks as before: https://test.ulc-moedling.at/medien/ulc-fotos/galerie
But clicking on a category does now show its sub-categories. Backend shows the whole structure of categories and images with their assignments pretty well.
Articles do not show the slideshow like this one though Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin is installed and published: https://test.ulc-moedling.at/news/wettk ... 10-minuten

Phoca Download Dashboard does not work in backend: It displays an HTTP 500 error: 500 behavior::tooltip not found. The Files, Categories and other sub-entries are working.
So right now I cannot configure Phoca Download.
It might have something to do with German language plugin that was existing and was uninstalled before upgrading: The Backend menu drawer shows "Kontrollzentrum", "Dateien", "Kategorien", for Phoca Download, but "Control Panel", "Images", "Categories" for Phoca Gallery. Strange.
Right now, no German language extension is installed for Phoca.

This is why I was afraid of such a hard procedure, or as we say in German "Rosskur", for an upgrade. The odds are pretty high that such problems will raise.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
But clicking on a category does now show its sub-categories. Backend shows the whole structure of categories and images with their assignments pretty well.
Backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Options --> Categories View -->
Display Subcategories=No
Display Empty Categories=Yes
Save & Close
Articles do not show the slideshow like this one though Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin is installed and published:
See: https://www.phoca.cz/download/category/ ... how-plugin
No Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin for J4x has been released yet. The one you have installed is for J3x and therefore does not work in J4x.

Kind regards,
Benno
Commander
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Commander »

Thanks for your support!!

Yes, I set the Categories view like this as it is in production site and as you advised. But it's looking like displayed.

Oh, I just saw the Slideshow Plugin version 4.4 but did not recognize the 3.9 tag there. Sorry for reporting this obvious issue.
So We will have to wait with Joomla upgrade for the Slideshow Plugin to be released for Joomla 4.

Do you have any ideas for Phoca Download and it's problems?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
But it's looking like displayed.
Perhaps some cache issue (Browser cache cleared) :idea:
It displays an HTTP 500 error
Error 500 mostly means PHP errors, see this guide: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-jooml ... ent-errors

Kind regards,
Benno
Commander
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Commander »

Finally, I fixed the Phoca Download issue. I realized that 3.X version was installed in Joomla 4 though I uninstalled all Phoca extensions prior to Joomla 4 upgrade and though I installed Phoca Gallery and Phoca Download via Joomla's internal Extension Library.
So I manually updated Phoca Download to 4.0.2 in Joomla 4 and this worked.

Nevertheless, I threw away my test site again and did the whole migration/upgrade process again to be sure (this time I installed all Phoca extensions manually and not via Joomla Extension Library).

Phoca Download is now fine.

Phoca Gallery again or still did not show any categories below the top-level categories: https://test.ulc-moedling.at/medien/ulc-fotos/galerie
Backend shows the category hierarchy.
Backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Options --> Categories View -->
Display Subcategories=No
Display Empty Categories=Yes
Both set as in Joomla 3 production site and as you suggested.

All caches are disabled: System Configuration/Server: Caching Disabled
Joomla Page Cache Extension: Disabled
JCH Cache extensions: Disabled
Caching in Phoca Gallery & Phoca Download: Disabled
Cache cleared in Joomla and Shift-Reload in Browser.

But I fixed even that:
I had to set "Category View" --> "Display Categories in Category View" to Yes to display the categories. My Joomla 3 production site shows this setting set to No and it works as expected. Strange difference, right?

Btw, thank you for German translations Benno. I translated AcyMailing to German.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
But I fixed even that:
I had to set "Category View" --> "Display Categories in Category View" to Yes to display the categories. My Joomla 3 production site shows this setting set to No and it works as expected. Strange difference, right?
Yes, you are right. This parameter seems to have a different function in Phoca Gallery for J3 than in Phoca Gallery for J4.

Kind regards,
Benno
Commander
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Commander »

Benno wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 11:28 No Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin for J4x has been released yet. The one you have installed is for J3x and therefore does not work in J4x.
Btw, do you know when the Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin will be released for Joomla 4.X? It's the one and only thing on our site that is not yet compatible and we really need it (I don't want to go without it).
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Btw, do you know when the Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin will be released for Joomla 4.X?
Sorry, I don't know.

Kind regards,
Benno
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project