Gallery on a multilingual site

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
hans3horns
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Gallery on a multilingual site

Post by hans3horns »

Hi,
I am building a two lingual site for a client and want to use Phoca Gallery. All goes well on a normal test site that is not bi-lingual. But my client wants Dutch and English on his site. It worked in Joomla 3.10.*. But now I moved the site to Joomla 4 and I keep getting problems. The site for my client is still on my local test computer. But I have made a test-subdomain with the same setup, so menu links for an English menu and for the Dutch menu. This subdomain is: https://phocagal.test3horns.nl

Gallery 1 links should link to the "Categories view" which contains two categories, each with 3 pictures. Clicking on one of the Categories gives a "404 page not found" error. The Gallery 2 links link to one of the categories. They seem to work.

I haven't changes any settings after installation and all extensions (and Joomla) are up to date as of this moment (April 12, 2022; 12:00).

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug.
hans3horns
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Gallery on a multilingual site

Post by hans3horns »

I did some more testing: I originally assigned the menu items for the "Categories view" (Gallery 1) to their respective languages. That is when I got the error. When I however assign both Gallery 1 menu items (one in the Dutch menu and one in the English menu) to all languages, the I can click a category and get directed to that menu. That is not how I would expect that. Besides I then can't use Language overrides for the Dutch site.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, what do you exactly mean with "I can't use language overrides)?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
hans3horns
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by hans3horns »

What I mean is that I want to use language overrides on the Dutch site to translate some items from English to Dutch. But when I can't set a specific language for a menu item I think that that won't be possible. So now I have to set both gallery menu items to "all languages" for the Gallery 1 item to work. On the test site (phocagal.test3horns.nl) the menu items are set to English or Dutch.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, does it work when you completely disable SEF? (for test only)

Jan
hans3horns
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by hans3horns »

Hi Jan, turning off sef-urls makes the menu links work as expected.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmmm, so there is some problem with new router and the languages :idea: I will try to find some more information (but unfortunately, the new router is quit complicated, so no idea I will find some information for this :idea: )

Jan
hans3horns
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by hans3horns »

Hi Jan,
Have you made any progress in finding out what needs to be changed with respect to the new router and languages. Or to put it this way: Can I again turn on the SEF url's?
The above message seems to be unnecessary. After posting that message I checked with version 4.5.0 and all seems te work with SEF url's turned on.
hans3horns
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by hans3horns »

Hi Jan, I was to enthousiastic in my previous message. Checking on https://phocagal.test3horns.nl/ I discovered that turning on SEF url's messed up the multilingual site. When writing the previous message I tested on a site that was not multilingual. So the "problem" still exists.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to test the 4.5.1 Beta 2 version and let me know if this is OK:

https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaGallery ... 1Beta2.zip

Jan