Layout of whole page distorted when launching phoca gallery

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
outsch
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Layout of whole page distorted when launching phoca gallery

Post by outsch »

Hi,

I've been using Phoca Gallery on a website based on an adaptation of the old non-repsonsive Beez template. Now I have switchted the template to Purity III with some adaptations as well, but when I launch Phoca Gallery, the menu system of the web page as such is disturbed: positions are not correct, color are not correct etc.
Correct, after click on regular menu item: https://imgur.com/KltRxOR (forum prevents to use img BBCode)
Incorrect, after click on "Bilder" (which launches Phoca Gallery Category view) https://imgur.com/KltRxOR (forum prevents to use img BBCode)
The font face is changed, the background-color of the menu bar items has changed, the caret signs are not correctly positioned etc.
Also the categories which I show in first page do not show up properly. I adjusted the CSS "Phocagellery" on element .pg-csv-box to have a larger width, but some code after it is blocking that adaptation. In the browser's details I find not a css-script but an element named after my menu title that launches Phoca Gallery which is rolling back my CSS settings.
So I have no idea what to do to make my adjustment being executed and how to avoid the cluttering of my layout. This did not happen in the old version.
Does anyone have an idea what to do about it?

Tags:
outsch
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Layout of whole page distorted when launching phoca gallery

Post by outsch »

I found to deactivate the loading of bootstrap as is anyway loaded beforehand already. The "second load" was causing the cluttered basic layout.
However now I have a display by categories as start of Phoce Gallery which contains one "archive" category which itself consists of the past years each as one category each of which contains evens in this year.
The problem is now that, when clicking this "archive" category, I see a lst of this past years as text list (links) and also the folder symbols. But I'd rather like to see one of these, not both.
How can I adjust this twofold-setting?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, can you paste screenshot of what do you exactly mean? (text links, folders)

Did you check all the paramters - to display subcategories as boxes with displaying image instead of folders, etc?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
outsch
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by outsch »

Hi Jan, thanks for your reply. I'd like to share a screenshot, but the forum software says BBCode IMG is set to OFF and I'm not allowed to post an IMG tag. I don't see a possibility to switch it on. Can you tell me how to switch BBCode IMG on?
The URL to look at my DEV page is https://oumbg.myqnapcloud.com/nzm/bilde ... nd-frueher. There you can see that the category "2019 und früher" holds no pictures (correct) but only the previous years as subcategories (2019 until 2012). However they are shown as a list of folders and in addition as tiles.
I tried with many parameters but don't find a setting that prevents to show both - I want to display either ONLY the folder list OR the tiles but not both.
outsch
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by outsch »

Hi Jan again, I found the setting that switches off the "folder list" above the tiles which in the German version is named "Kategorien Ansicht in der Kategorie Ansicht anzeigen" (Show categories views in category view) which I now set to "No". Now only the tiles are being displayed and no longer the list which is what I want.

But one other thing is: I just have the 8 categories and don't want users to change the order or choose how many categories are being displayed - all 8 should always be displayed on this page without any pagination, number of categories ot the like.
Is there any way to switch these off?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

HI,
gehe zu den Optionen Deines Menüeintrags zur Phoca Gallery Komponente (Liste der Kategorien) und setze alles auf 'Verbergen'. Vor allem alle Optionen der Kategorien Ansicht.

Freundliche Grüße,
Benno
outsch
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by outsch »

Hallo Benno, vielen Dank, alles klar. Ich dachte das sei in der Phoca-Config einstellbar, bin nicht auf die Idee gekommen, das im Menüeintrag zu definieren. Funktioniert jetzt.

Vielen Dank!
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Prima!

Freundliche Grüße,
Benno
outsch
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by outsch »

Hallo Benno,

ich habe noch eine andere Konfigurationsfrage: Ich habe eine Kategorieseite (2019 und früher), die nur Unterkategorien enthält (2029, 2018, 2017, ..., 2012). Bei dieser hätte ich gerne, das die Kategorienamen angezeigt werden (sonst weiß man ja nicht, um welches Jahr es sich handelt). Also habe ich "Name anzeigen" auf "anzeigen" eingestellt.
Gehe ich aber in eine dieser Kategorien (z.B. 2018) bzw. deren Unterkategorien, die dann tatsächliche Bilder enthält, werden auch für alle Bilder die Namen angezeigt - und das will ich nicht, weil ich keine sprechenden Namen habe und dessen Anzeige irrelevant ist.
Meine Frage ist also: Kann man die Anzeige des Namens aktivieren, wenn es sich um eine (Unter-) Kategorie handelt, aber unterdrücken, wenn wenn es sich einfach um ein Bild handelt?
Momentan werden die Namen immer für Kategorien und Bilder angezeigt oder gar nicht, aber ich würde das gern unterschiedlich machen. Ist das einstellbar?

Viele Grüße
Oliver
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Ich habe eine Kategorieseite (2019 und früher), die nur Unterkategorien enthält (2019, 2018, 2017, ..., 2012). Bei dieser hätte ich gerne, das die Kategorienamen angezeigt werden.
Ich fürchte, ich kann Dir da nicht helfen. Phoca Gallery unterscheidet in Kategorienansicht, das ist in Deinem Fall '2019 und früher' und Kategorieansicht, das ist alles darunter. Also deine Subkategorien und eventuelle Subsubkateogorien mit den enthaltenen Bildern darunter. Schaltest Du in den PG Optionen den Parameter 'Name anzeigen' in der Kategorie Ansicht ab, wird der Name nicht mehr unter den Bildern angezeigt, aber eben auch nicht für die Subkategorien...

Freundliche Grüße,
Benno