Phoca with J4 and 3 or more columns

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
peterporta
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca with J4 and 3 or more columns

Post by peterporta »

Hi, I´m a newbie with Phoca. I switched from Joomgallery because I switched to Joomla 4. When i have my pictures shown, there are 2 columns shown. I would prefer 3 columns. I didn't find the possibility to get this.
Thanks Peter

Hi, und jetzt noch einmal auf deutsch. Ich bin neu mit Phoca, da ich von Joomgallery gewechselt bin wegen Joomla 4. Wenn ich meine Bilder angezeigt bekomme (mittels Menü-Link), erscheinen nur 2 Spalten. Ich hätte aber gerne 3 Spalten. Ich habe keine Einstellungsmöglichkeit gefunden. Vielleicht kann da Jemand helfen.

Danke vorab Peter

I just found it: i had the menu in the left-sidebar and login at the right-sidebar. After changing the login to the right I have 3 columns!
Nach dem Wechsel des Login-Moduls auf die linke Seite habe ich jetzt 3 Spalten Bilder.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca with J4 and 3 or more columns

Post by christine »

Hi Peter,

Joomla 3.10 will be supported for 2 years.
Joomla 4: Is PG a new installation & which version did you use?
Regarding the columns, it (also) has to do with the template, etc.
Template Cassiopeia?

Kind regards
Christine
peterporta
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by peterporta »

Hi Christine,
thanks for your answer. I installed a new Phoca in a new Joomla 4 (I had on an old side which isn't more productive a crash upgrading to Joomla 4 ...). Phoca is 4.5.0 alpha2. Cassiopeia is the template. I already wrote, that I managed it by putting the login-modul from the right to the left side. But nevertheless I want to know, if it is possible in Phoca to manage the number of columns.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Peter,

I don't know how to manage it yet. Also I first have to look, test, etc. It depends on the size of the preview images. Because of the grids etc. Have you already looked in the options?

It's also not possible to upgrade Phoca vom Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4 without migration of the files and database.

Phoca 4.5.0 alpha2 is also not yet stable.

Also noch Geduld haben :-)
Liebe Grüße
Christine
peterporta
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by peterporta »

Hi, because I have a complete new installation is it normal, that I have to set up the side manually. The old site is still online, but this site will be the "next site".
I have looked in the options, but I did´nt find something like that. But in the moment I have the solution, because I changed the side of the login-modul.
For my opinion is Phoca nearly stable - but what's stable? I am lucky, that I can migrate the site manually, because the old site is still working. When I´m ready, I will switch the sites, so joomla 4 is the shown site. I have time.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Peter,

Just tried with some columns with PG 4.5.0Alpha2.
Template: Cassiopeia.
Didn't check e.g. fluid layout - just only default layout for testing purposes only:

- took width 256px for medium thumbnails.
- checking how many columns for one row is possible.
- if I would NOT enable the sidebar-right, then I could have 4 columns.
- in general I don't use (on Joomla 3 site) left and right modules when using PG.

Kind regards
Christine
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, Phoca Gallery is stylized by Flexbox, so it depends on width of the images and their padding. So if your thumbnails will be smaller or padding/margin between images smaller, then more images will fit the page.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project