Problem: User added image not shown in Backend

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Socrates_mx5
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Problem: User added image not shown in Backend

Post by Socrates_mx5 »

I've just realized that there's a problem with uploading of new images. When a user is uploading a new image, then it doesn't show up in Admin -> Phoca Gallery -> Images. Since Admin can't authorize the image it's not shown to the users either. The image has been uploaded to the its image folder on Joomla at the web server. It seems that the image data has not been saved to the database on upload.

I've upgraded the great Phoca Gallery as soon as there has been an update available. The version is 4.4.1.

It worked to upload images on 2021-02-07, which was the previous time I uploaded an image as a user. Phoca Gallery 4.4.1 was installed on 09/02/2021, so I guess the issue might be due to a bug in the latest upgrade.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Problem: User added image not shown in Backend

Post by Jan »

Hi, can you exactly describe the steps of uploading. In which view, category? UCP? in admin?

If in frontend, can user see the uploaded images? Testing now, I see no problem, there were even no changes in upload features :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Socrates_mx5
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Socrates_mx5 »

I'm sorry for the delay to come back to you Jan.

The problem appeared when I added an image as an ordinary user in the Frontend. When I later on tried again, then it worked, but then I experienced trouble to add a new category in the Backend. A few weeks has passed since then and when I tried again yesterday, then things worked as it should again; I could both create a new category and add new images.

I have upgraded to Joomla (3.9.25) and a few extensions in between when I experienced the issue and now when it works again. Maybe, this has "cured" the issue. The good thing is that it works great again.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project