Styling as shown on YouTube demo

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Styling as shown on YouTube demo

Post by Jan »

Hi, the version 4.5 will be able for Joomla 4, so it takes some time and it probably will not work in Joomla 3. I am still on start and finishing Joomla! 4 will even take some time.

The css classes which I have added here as example are invalid for Joomla! 3, my example was about to display another way of CSS styling, so only the CSS attributes could be used but the class names needs to be changed to current version.

Unfortunately, styling CSS is not so easy and mostly depend son environment. Some style can be influenced by other styles loaded on the website, so really hard to give some concrete examples :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jb80
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by jb80 »

Hi Jan, understood, it's not a copy and paste...

I am using the factory default versions of phocagallery.css and default.css, so I would have thought the custom css would be less susceptible to the environment.

Joomla 4 seems like a never ending project! :x needless to say, it's probably best to wait...

Are you planning to make the CASSIOPEIA demo site public?
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,
Jan wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 01:07
The css classes which I have added here as example are invalid for Joomla! 3, my example was about to display another way of CSS styling, so only the CSS attributes could be used but the class names needs to be changed to current version.
Example, see Post from Jan from 22feb,13:54:

.pg-categories-box { {formatting} will be in Joomla 3, eg: .pg-cvs-box {formatting} or: .pg-cv-box, .pg-cvs-box {formatting}

.pg-category-box-title {formatting } in Joomla 3, eg: .pg-cv-name {formatting}

etc.
Check also the height of box, e.g.
.pg-cv-box {
height: 100px;
}
I tried it on a standard template & it works.
I am using the factory default versions of phocagallery.css and default.css, so I would have thought the custom css would be less susceptible to the environment.
susceptible"?

One can use (depends on template) a generell custom.css, e.g. Helix etc.
Protostar: an additional user.css

Phoca, generell: an additional custom.css

Hint: To prevent the files from being overwritten during a core or extension update, but not to be "less susceptible" :-)

Kind regards
Christine
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Are you planning to make the CASSIOPEIA demo site public?
Hi, yes, it is my plan to make a demo of Joomla 4 and Phoca Gallery 4.5 but you need to know that Joomla 4 is not ready and I have done cca 1 - 2 % in Phoca Gallery 4.5 - it doesn't look like that, but rewriting will be very time consuming :-(

BTW, there is not even Alpha version, but my working code can be seen here:
https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaGallery45

https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaGallery ... efault.css

But of course, I would not recommend to even only test it as it can be tested after it will be at least Alpha (it is now called Alpha but I mean after this Alpha will be finished and released)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project