How to find un generated thumbnails

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
walturbo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

How to find un generated thumbnails

Post by walturbo »

Hello,
I use Phoca Gallery and I have an album with thousands of categories and around 50,000 photos. Is there any way to generate all the thumbnails without scrolling the pages from backend?

Every week I upload about 1500-2000 new photos and going to generate all the thumbnails is impossible, after a while the process stops.

I usually upload a folder on ftp which contains another 100 folders with images inside. After I go to Images / Multiple Addition, I select the main folder and automatically Phoca Gallery creates the main category and the hundred sub categories. The process of creating thumbnails starts which for example marks 1500 photos, but after a few seconds it freezes without giving errors and puts me back in the Images screen by writing at the top that has uploaded 1500 photos. After this, I set the pagination of the images from backend to 100, I order by ID, I go to the last page and I create those thumbnails, then I scroll one page behind and I create another 100 miniatures ... so on 15 times. It is really stressful :-D

Is there a faster way? Especially automatic!

Thanks so much for the replies,
Walter
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to find un generated thumbnails

Post by Jan »

Hi, because of server resources, the pagination thumbnail creation is the way how to avoid problems on the server :-( You can disable pagination thumbnails creation but unfortunately, then it depends on server resources if the server will be able to do all the thumbnails.

Another solution can be creating the thumbnails on localhost where you get more memory and then upload all images including thumbnails to the server.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project