Downloads, access rights by usergroup

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
thellie
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Downloads, access rights by usergroup

Post by thellie »

Hi Jan,
I have a couple of questions which I couldn't find answers to, while trying out the component.

1. Is it possible to set the option to download by usergroup? I can only find one place to change the Download option (Gallery options/Category view), and that only gives the ability to turn downloads ON or OFF.

- I am interested in monetising some of our photos to generate donations for our foundation, so it would be important that download access is only available to certain usergroups. Or is this something that can be done by linking up to Phoca Cart?

2. In the category options (for each category), you can set the access by user group. But upload and delete rights are by individual user only - is it possible to set these rights by usergroup as well? It would save a lot of work when adding/removing names from these fields.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Downloads, access rights by usergroup

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) what do you exactly mean with: "Is it possible to set the option to download by usergroup?" If there are access rights for download feature? No, as you wrote, it can be only enabled or disabled.

Yes, I would recommend more Phoca Cart in this case.

2) No, there is only rights for individual users because the feature was designed so individual users have own galleries (adding user group rights will be complication regarding the rights :-( )

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
thellie
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by thellie »

Okay, thanks Jan.

1). Yes, this is what I meant. Is this a possible feature in the future - access rights for download by usergroup and/or user?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I have added it into the feature request list, but really no idea if and when I will be able to take a look at it :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
thellie
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by thellie »

Thanks, and no pressure ;)