Problems with Comments, Ratings, and New Icon

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Problems with Comments, Ratings, and New Icon

Post by shibumi »

I’ve tried all combination of options, and the box with the arrow does not go away... will triple check again this evening... but I’ve tried several different times and same result - always there top left corner beside first thumbnail image
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, what happens when you try to test with some standard template, do you still get such problems there (it seems like there are conflict between the CSS)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

shibumi wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 13:06 I've turned it off, and it still displays the box with the arrow...
I have to apologize, it appears I was very tired when I was testing that setting multiple times and it did not go away... it is now gone! :twisted:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.

Jan
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

So it looks like my problems with the popup window when clicking on the rating stars in the category view (for any category) it opens a popup window and then immediately redirects to a new page with no template applied:

Code: Select all

<a class="pg-modal-button" 
	title="Rate Image" 
	href="/featured/galleries/5-ottawa-show-shine-2019/detail/134-6dmkii-4098?tmpl=component" 
	rel="{handler: 'iframe', size: {x: 820, y: 476}, overlayOpacity: 0.5}">
	<div>
		<ul class="star-rating-small">...
I have removed the rel="{handler: 'iframe', to be just rel="{handler: '', so it now looks like this:

Code: Select all

<a class="pg-modal-button" 
	title="Rate Image" 
	href="/featured/galleries/5-ottawa-show-shine-2019/detail/134-6dmkii-4098?tmpl=component" 
	rel="{handler: '', size: {x: 820, y: 476}, overlayOpacity: 0.5}">
	<div>
		<ul class="star-rating-small">...
with chrome dev tools and the popup works fine, does not redirect to a new page with no template, it stays on the popup page. I am using popup type: Slimbox for the detail view. Where can I find the code that creates that link to the image rating?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, can you paste the screenshot of the detailed window?

If some method does not have iframe alternative (see the difference between iframe and image popup: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/50-phoca ... al-advices (8) ) then the standard modal with iframe output including the rating is displayed.

Jan
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

It’s kind of hard for me to do a screen shot as it happens too quick going from the pop up to the new page...
You can always test it out on my live page https://canadianshowcar.ca/featured/gal ... unway-2019

What I don’t understand is why an iframe is even needed for a pop up window anyways...
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Okay, I have tried several different popup methods, and so far all of them launch the rating view in a popup window, with the top half of the image cut off - the whole image moves up halfway off the edge of the window - and then immediately changes to a new page, with no template styling loaded, and also with the top half of the image cut off.
When I first click the rating stars link to rate the image I get this:

Then immediately goes to this:

I've tried it with Slimbox, Highslide JS, Highslide JS (image only), Modal Box (same behaviour on image detail as rating), Modal Box (image only), they all do the same thing. I've tried in Chrome and Firefox. The only one that sort of works (detail image is pushed up of the top of the page) is Standard Popup
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, if all the different methods get similar results, there must be some CSS loaded which can somehow be in conflict in the window :idea: Can I see the site where this occurs?

Jan
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Hi Jan,

https://canadianshowcar.ca

I either have to use standard popup, or turn off rating