Problem JAK Lightbox in Phoca Gallery Image Module

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Rignus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Problem JAK Lightbox in Phoca Gallery Image Module

Post by Rignus »

Hello Christine,

Insert that in boxplus.css ? On what position?

Rignus

Tags:
Rignus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Rignus »

Hallo Jan,

For testing I made to menu items for Highslide and BoxPlus that anyone can use on www.x4r.nl
They use the same set of images, made by Phoca Gallery.
Based on the demos I would prefer to use Highslide, mostly because the images are shown larger than in BoxPlus.

I use Phoca,so I installed the Phoca Image Module and use the sliders included in that module, a.o. JAK LIghtbox, Highslide and BoxPlus.. Unfortunately none them worked correct up to now.
For my purposes it would be perfect to use Phoca and handle the images in the front-end and use a slider that is connected to Phoca with the category.

- Highslide
I made a test square image you can see in the category view. Click on that image and you see what I mean. So the image is absolutely not larger than the screen. The effect is on all images, but on the other images it is more difficult to see, that why I made the test square. On other devices (tablet and telephone) the effect is the same as on the desktop.

- BoxPlus
When you look at the images with BoxPlus you'll see that the test square is square.
But of one picture (02. Kuala Lumpur) is only the upper half of the image shown. Orientation correct, but not fitted in the window??
And of course with all images twice the title shown instead of once the description.

I hope this is more clear to you now.
Rignus
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Rignus,

try to put the code to nexus.css at the end.
About other questions, Jan will advise.

Kind regards
Christine
Rignus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Rignus »

Hello Christine,

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Rignus
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Rignus,

that's fine "twice the title" is solved now. Concerning "square" . I think, it belongs to "crope or not crope thumbnails".
Here an older thread, but maybe useful: https://forum.joomla.de/thread/5994-pho ... #post40906 post #7

After changing (trying) don't forget to recreate relevant thumbnails.

Kind regards
Christine
Rignus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Rignus »

Hello everybody

I have tested further on Highslide and found out, that using Highslide (image only) the following happened.
If I change in the Phoca Image Module the parameter Design Settings > Set size of thumbnails, the proportion of the image in the slideshow changes too as follows:
- Set to Auto width too small compared to height
- Set to Large width very small compared to height
- Set to Medium width better, but still to small
- Set to Small width better than Medium, but still to small

I had expected that this setting only has effect to the categorie view, but it effects the slideshow too.
Can this be helpful for a solution?

Kind regards,
Rignus,
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, can you paste screenshots. Generally, if you set size of thumbnails and you will recreate them, they just will be created on the server and such thumbnails are the same for all the parts - component, plugins, modules, etc. These thumbnails are just images on server with the same size for all used parts.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Rignus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Rignus »

Hi Jan,
What you say is exactly as I would expect. That's why I find it strange that setting the size to small, medium or large makes a difference. And using Boxplus in the Phoca module uses the same images.
I don't know how to paste attachments to this posts. I you tell me how to do it I can post the screenshots. So I try to explain what happens.

1.I used the documentation to create new thumbnails. First deleted all the thumbnails, changed the size in the Phoca options and
recreated new thumbnails. I could see in the media files that it worked perfectly.
The reason that I recreated the thumbnails was because the circle was not round and the square not square using Highslide
(image only) in the module. Then I started the tests again.
2. I change in the module at Design Setting the parameter "Set size of thumbnails" to Auto, small, medium or large.
I would have expected that this would result in larger or smaller images displayed only in category view. In the category view
the images are displayed correctly. The circle is round and the square is square. And if you click on an image for Detail View, I
expected that the parameter would not has effected the display of the image (in mode Highslide) But the display of the
HIghslide shows no round circle and no square square. This strange effect doesn't happen if I set the Detail Window in the
Phoca module to BoxPlus (image only)
3.Using the images in other modules (e.g. DJ Image Slider) there is no problem.

The effect occurs on desktop as well as on tablet/telephone.
If you look on the website www.x4r.nl you see the Higslide TestX and the BoxPlus TestX menu. When you click on the menu you'll see the effect right away and see what I mean. In both menus I used the Phoca module with the same settings. Only Detail View is Highslide (image only) or BoxPlus (image only).

Regards,
RIgnus
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can paste screenshots per external services like imgur (just upload your image to imgur and share the BB tag image here)

I see the difference between the circle in boxplus and highslide.js but unfortunately I cannot say if the difference is caused by javascript feature in highslide or if it is somehow changed e.g. by template features (I don't know any such feature for highslide.js)

Anyway there are more modern methods for popups but not for module, only for component (like responsive Maginfic or Photoswipe methos)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
KarEm
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by KarEm »

Hi Rignus,

I'm also interested in this topic and that's why I researched a bit.
I also use highslide, but not the Phoca Image Module and not the sliders.

Without these two functions, there are no unwanted changes in the aspect ratio of the images / thumbs.

The same aspect ratio applies to all images and thumbs.

In the old thread (link below) I found the following note:
"...It is correct that the entire popup is sized based on the image. ..."

So I'm wondering why the image aspect ratio should be redefined in the Phoca Image Module.

I would like to propose two tests:
- to verify the behavior of the highslide mode without redefinition in the Phoca Image Module (if possible)
- to verify the behavior of the highslide mode without the Phoca Image Module and slider .

Could it be an approach to transfer your images in a uniform aspect ratio in the PG?

Addiional info:
https://www.highcharts.com/forum/viewto ... tio#p30107

Regards
KarEm