problem displaying portrait images

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
smallfreak
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

problem displaying portrait images

Post by smallfreak »

Hi there,

I have problems displaying images in portrait format. I disabled "cropping" for all sizes. Thumbnails are generated correctly in all sizes, but the category view tries to access the thumbnail "phoca_thumb_m1_DSC_3623nn.jpg" and the detail tries to show "phoca_thumb_l1_DSC_3623nn.jpg".

Please note the "m1" and "l1" in the filename. The files however are certainly named "phoca_thumb_m_DSC_3623nn.jpg" and "phoca_thumb_l_DSC_3623nn.jpg" without the extra "1".

It does display correctly, if I manually rename the thumbs but I don't know where this extra "1" is generated. this is complete nonsense. This is only with images in portrait mode.

I use quite big "thumbs", like 300x300 for the medium and 1500x1000 for the large.

I used the most actual version on the website. An example can be seen on this page, where I duplicated the two portrait images with the new name to get them shown: https://www.mv-werkskapelle-lenzing.at/ ... ester-2019

If I access the image from within the image listing on the admin page, the link is generated without the extra "1" as expected.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: problem displaying portrait images

Post by christine »

Hi smallfreak,

there was a similiar problem here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59782

Kind regards
Christine
smallfreak
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by smallfreak »

Thanks!
So that essentially means, that I have to re patch this every time I make an update - or deactivate the "different thumbnails" option. Any idea why that behaviour was invented? I cannot see any advantage in it. The _m_ and _l_ images are perfectly OK.

Since the software is in control creating the thumbnails it needs it seems reasonable to either use the generated ones or to produce the ones needed.

Well, I should not complain. A great piece of software anyway.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the reason is Landscape and Portrait images.

If you use crop function, your Portrait image will be cropped do Landscape form. Additional images can prevent from this - so when you use e.g. Masonry effect, cropped Potrait is displayed in popup as cropped Portrait and not that cropped Landscape is displayed in popup as cropped Portrait

if there is only s, l, m and you crop the thumbnails, all s,l,m will have the same size, e.g. 100x100, 300x300, 1000x1000, so l1 and others give the option to have cropped Landscape/Portrait variant.

Next feature is Mosaic effect, where the alternative size are used to fill 2 image gab in horizontal or vertical direction, etc.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project