Image ordering

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Reddar
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Image ordering

Post by Reddar »

Hello,

At the backend, i have tried to reorder 20 images in a category of around 120 images. The result is very bad, sometime some images are duplicated, sometime all the gallery is duplicated.
If i unplublish one of the duplicate, both deseappers... sometime.

At the end it was such a mess that i had to reorder, rename (on my computer), reload and regenerate all the images of the category.

I didn't had the same problem earlier with 2 or 3 modifications on smaller category.

Regards
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Image ordering

Post by Jan »

Hi, the backend reorder function is standard Joomla! function and for now I don't have any information that it will somehow will produce duplicates - I cannot images how it can do it as it only change the ordering numbers :idea:

So do you mean the Joomla! backend reordering or some other ordering, can you paste a screenshot of the reordering action?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Reddar
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Reddar »

Ok i understand your point.

In fact, I discover, and i don't know how, all the images of the category where duplicated.

It seems that i made a "multi-add" twice with the same category name and the same pictures :x
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmm, when the images have the same name and are stored in the same category (category name = folder name), then they should not be added as duplicates (but when the name of category will be changed - so it is different to folder name, it can comes to duplicates)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Reddar
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Reddar »

I confirm, when the category name is different from the folder name, if you add the same picture, the file will be duplicated. :(