Images being rotated

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Romuba
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Images being rotated

Post by Romuba »

I have uploaded a number of images via the Multiple Images feature. In the past this has worked beautifully and all images have been correct. Suddenly the last two uploads a number of the images have been rotated 90 Degrees.

Two questions
  • How do I stop this happening again?
  • How do I fix this problem for those that are wrong?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Images being rotated

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no function to automatically rotate the images in Phoca Gallery:

- you can rotate them manually
- or with help of exif (if enabled) - so try to check if the function EXIF rotate is not enabled:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Romuba
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Romuba »

Thanks for you reply but I cannot see anywhere that looks like your image. Please tell me where to go.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,
Try here: Phoca Gallery > Control Panel > Options > Thumbnails > Thumbnails Generation Settings > EXIF Rotate: No

Kind regards
Christine
Romuba
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Romuba »

Thank you, I found it. The problem is the actual images are rotated when they are uploaded. If I view the image on my computer it is correct but when viewed via Phoca Gallery some of them are rotated. How do I stop them from getting rotated?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Thank you, I found it. The problem is the actual images are rotated when they are uploaded. If I view the image on my computer it is correct but when viewed via Phoca Gallery some of them are rotated. How do I stop them from getting rotated?
Hi, I am not 100% sure but e.g. in Windows, the image will be displayed as rotated even on the disc it is not. Try to see the image on your PC with another program, maybe this is the case that your image has different format on your PC, but the windows program rotate it automatically for the preview so you in fact don't know which position the image has :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project