Missing Publish-Delete-Authorize Functions in Gallery UCP

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
BZone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Missing Publish-Delete-Authorize Functions in Gallery UCP

Post by BZone »

I have several websites using the Photo Gallery and each one does not display the Publish, Delete, and Authorize icons/functions in the named columns in the category and Image tabs in the Gallery User Control Panel on the frontend. The logged in user is the owner of the category and had uploaded the images. I have read all the documentation and applied the knowledge but to no avail. Even I, as the Super User, see no icons nor functions for these items in the UCP.
It used to work on previous calendar versions but broke several versions back. I am on the latest version of JOOMLA! and Phoca Gallery, PHP 7.1.
Any ideas or specific corrections I can make?

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Missing Publish-Delete-Authorize Functions in Gallery UCP

Post by Jan »

Hi, can you paste a screenshot of the UCP?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
BZone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by BZone »

Unfortunately this BB has not authorized me to do that.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
see Forum Rule #5 forum-rules.php
If you have problem on your site, please paste the link to your site or link a screenshot of your site (store your screenshot on some image server and paste a link to this image into the post).
Kind regards,
Benno
BZone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by BZone »

Here's the link to the screenshot of the UCP. https://www.banjolady.com/photo-gallery ... =component
Hope you can help.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, does the logged in user has the rights: upload, delete, publish? Are the photos listed there the photos uploaded by the logged in user? In UCP you can only manage own photos, administrators can manage user's photos only in administration :idea:

Jan
BZone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by BZone »

Jan wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 09:09 Hi, does the logged in user has the rights: upload, delete, publish? Are the photos listed there the photos uploaded by the logged in user? In UCP you can only manage own photos, administrators can manage user's photos only in administration :idea:

Jan
Yes to all your questions. Only have this one user/owner for all categories/Category/images. All photos uploaded by this same user. As the Super User I can manage all from the Administrator side. This is only on the front-end. I have several installations of Phoca Gallery and they all have this issue. I searched the Forum and have not seen anyone mention this so far; unless I missed an earlier post. Appreciate any ideas to correct.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
did you download the Phoca Gallery package from this website? Because really hard to say what can be wrong there. Testing now without any problem:

Just installed Phoca Gallery, enabled User Control Panel - and create a menu link to User Control Panel. Created a category for the user and granted rights for upload/delete ... this is all what is needed :idea:

Jan
BZone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by BZone »

I found the solution! For some reason the "Bootstrap 3 icons" was set to "Yes" in the Global Configuration - General Settings. By changing that to "No" all the icons and subsequent functionality are now working. Might be something to keep in mind when advising others with this problem. Thank you.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

thank you for your information. "Bootstrap 3 icons" changed to: "No". That's correct, as you are using Protostar template, which comes with BS2. In addition, I saw, that you are using an older PG version. Please update to latest one: https://www.phoca.cz/download/category/ ... -component > 4.3.10
Do not uninstall current version, just install via normal paket-installation via backend over existing version.

Kind regards
Christine