Errors in the language files!

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Fassendek
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Errors in the language files!

Post by Fassendek »

Hello! What is this ugly Russian language files that are offered for download?! Are the contents of the archives actually being viewed by someone from your project?! This is creepy ****, urgent need to remove or redo, and don't be misled by the component users!
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Errors in the language files!

Post by christine »

Hi,

you are gladly invited to translate to Russian language. For instance: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57826.
Users are helping us in that way - for these free components, plugins etc!
Procedere could be found here: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/46-trans ... extensions

Thank you
Christine
Fassendek
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Fassendek »

Thanks for the invitation! It is a question of incorrect files in the archive and they should not be freely available. It is better to have none at all than such a miserable "translation"! It's just a shame !!!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, unfortunately, we are not speaking all languages of the world, so it is hard to check if the translation is correct, it almost depends on the community of each country. This file exists for some years and there was no feedback, no link to better translation. For me it is hard to search better translation of Russian language or to check it (as I don't speak Russian language :-( ) so please if there is a link to better translation, let me know (there is a lot of Russian users of Phoca Gallery, so they need to use some :idea: )

Thank you, Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Fassendek
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Fassendek »

Hello, Jan! Errors concern not only the translation itself, but also the language file itself .ini that look like this:

Code: Select all

PHOCA GALLERY=Галерея "Phoca Gallery"
PHOCA GALLERY SAVED=Название файла сохранено
ERROR SAVING PHOCA GALLERY=Ошибка при сохранении названия файла
SELECT AN ITEM TO DELETE=Выберите элемент для удаления
The absence of quotes is a gross error and the file will not work. As for the second package, there is a disgusting translation and you can not use it. It will take me some time to translate the component myself and test it in operation. When I finish the translation, I'll let you know. But the files offered on your site can not be used! They just clog up the place and make mistakes.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I don't understand why you don't take the other available Russian translation. The first one you have downloaded is made for Joomla! v1.5. Therefore no double quotes at the beginning and at the end of each string. The second one is made for J2.5/J3, but it is also not up to date.

Kind regards,
Benno
Fassendek
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Fassendek »

Benno wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 20:22 Hi,
I don't understand why you don't take the other available Russian translation. The first one you have downloaded is made for Joomla! v1.5. Therefore no double quotes at the beginning and at the end of each string. The second one is made for J2.5/J3, but it is also not up to date.

Kind regards,
Benno
It is very bad that it is not updated! Then, what does this stuff do there? If only it were ?! You can not use them anyway.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

It is very bad that it is not updated! Then, what does this stuff do there? If only it were ?! You can not use them anyway.
Hi, sorry, I don't understand?

See:
https://www.phoca.cz/download/category/ ... t?start=60

There you have one Russian language pack for Joomla! 1.5 and second for Joomla! 2.5, 3.x (the links goes to Github page - the links Benno added here)

And extra information for russian users:
Новейшую версию русскоязычного перевода Вы можете найти здесь (Up-to-date version of Russian language you can find on):

https://joomlaforum.ru/index.php/topic,85274.0.html

We really do not speak Russian langauge, so the translation must be updated by someone who speaks Russian language so if there is some new, please let me know the link, so I can update it on the site. Or try to ask on Russian Joomla! forum.

Because we really do not speak every language of the world, we are dependent on users of each country who will check the translations and send us the newest. Unfortunately, there are over 1000 free files to download so it is not possible to search the newest translations for each component and each language, the main feature is always have updated extension which works. Searching and checking all the language will mean, there will be only one free Phoca extensions instead of 60 which are now :idea:

So I really don't understand now :idea:

Jan

Thank you, Jan
Fassendek
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Fassendek »

Jan wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 12:36
Hi, sorry, I don't understand?

See:
https://www.phoca.cz/download/category/ ... t?start=60

There you have one Russian language pack for Joomla! 1.5 and second for Joomla! 2.5, 3.x (the links goes to Github page - the links Benno added here)

And extra information for russian users:
Новейшую версию русскоязычного перевода Вы можете найти здесь (Up-to-date version of Russian language you can find on):

https://joomlaforum.ru/index.php/topic,85274.0.html

Jan

Thank you, Jan
And did you follow this link yourself ?! Is this what you call the newest translation ?! Translation for version 2.8.0 of June 4, 2013! You at least do not disgrace yourself and sometimes look at the material, the links to which you give. The translator Google gives an excellent opportunity to read from any language that it is out of date 5 years ago. Above I wrote that I am preparing the translation into Russian and when it is finished, I will kindly share it with you.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, will be great to get a copy of the newest translation.

For now I don't know if you can imagine what it means to maintain over thousand of files in free time. Usually, one extension like Phoca Cart is done by a team of 10 - 20 people, but we are only three and there are over 50 Phoca extensions they are maintained in our free time. E.g. only Phoca Gallery has over 200 released versions without all the modules and plugins. I know, translation file is important but unfortunately I don't speak the language of the translation and in my free time I spend the time to have all the extensions up-to-date (to work with latest Joomla! releases). E.g. it takes over 3 months to make the extension ready for newest Joomla! version.

So I can vote for two options:

a) Close the development of cca. 70 Joomla! extensions and select one small unimportant - e.g. Phoca Favicon and check if all the language files are up-to-date for this extension
or
b) Make active development of cca. 70 Joomla! extensions which have over 15.000.000 downloads and let the community check and update the translations by users who really understand them (the example can be German and Czech translations which are always up-to-date because German and Czech users are active in community)

So should I select a) or b)
If I select a) what would do the many thousands of users do then? :-( :-(

I don't want to be rude, of course it is not good to have obsolete translations but maybe your words should be said in Russian translation community. Every time I get the newest translation for some extension, I just publish it. And as written above, it is not possible for me to check for over 1000 translation files (to make a detective and spy for newest translations in case you just don't have any data about translation sources :-( :-( )

My motivation to release free Joomla! extensions it that I just don't want to do some extension which will be not used if it can help to others. And for free. In case that users just don't like to get enormous service by me (over 70 free extensions, over 1000 language files even some are obsolete, free advices, free support, etc. I can just close the website and they just will be forced to buy another extension. So after they will pay for another extensions which will have not such good quality maybe they will recognize that it is much more easier to send the developer of the free extension updated translation than spend every year a lot of money for the subscription :-( :idea:

Jan