Ordering

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
briarpatch
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Ordering

Post by briarpatch »

Does anyone know of a way to order categories in Phoca Gallery? I have a group of categories that are titled by years (1998 thru 2017 for example), but the extension orders them 2014 thru 1998 then 2015, 2016, & 2107 respectively. How can I get it to order them all consecutively in Descending order and stay there when they are attached to a Joomla! menu item as a list of categories?

Thanks
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Ordering

Post by Benno »

Hi,
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Options --> Categories View --> Categories View Settings --> Category Ordering=Title Descending
Save & Close

Kind regards,
Benno
briarpatch
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by briarpatch »

Nope sorry, did not work.......all it did was change things around......now it goes 2017 2016, 2015, then starts at 1998 thru 2014. Perhaps another place, or something not right in the extension itself?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

HI,
can you please post the URL to see?

Kind regards,
Benno
briarpatch
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by briarpatch »

Here ya go........any help solving will be greatly appreciated: http://swaturners.org/index.php/art-gallery-images.

Bill
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi Bill,
Since on your side not only the 'Ordering' function, but also the' Dispay Num' function does not work, I suspect that something went wrong with the installation of Phoca Gallery or with an update of Phoca Gallery.
Therefore my suggestion:
Make a complete backup of your site (database and files) to restore the current state if necessary.
Download the latest Phoca Gallery Zip package and install it over the existing Phoca Gallery. Do not uninstall anything just install it again.
No pictures or categories will be deleted.
Also see this article, in case your server have less resources: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joom ... -in-joomla
Maybe the ordering function will work afterwards.

Kind regards,
Benno
briarpatch
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by briarpatch »

Will talk to my hosting service before do that, heading into our annual national symposium and can not afford to have any interruption in service right now............sad statement for the reliability of the extension, but such is the case with freeware I guess.

Thanks,

Bill