backend - frontend picture sort

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
jannis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

backend - frontend picture sort

Post by jannis »

Hi fans of this great software!

I uploaded 1500 pictures in a own category. in backend the pictures are correctly sorted by filename and also by creation date. i want that. Unfortunately, this does not appear in the frontend.
How can I achieve that ?

Phoca Gallery Version 4.3.5

Thanks for help
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: backend - frontend picture sort

Post by Benno »

Hi,
check 'Image Ordering' parameter in Category View.
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Options --> Category View --> Category View Settings --> Image Ordering
BTW: Current Phoca Gallery version is v4.3.6

Kind regards,
Benno
jannis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jannis »

Hi Benno!
I have 4 categorys with different pictures. each category has a different picture sorting. in the first three categories, the images are displayed correctly both in the backend and in the frontend.
in the fourth (last generated) category, the images in the backend are displayed correctly in the order. unfortunately not in the frontend.
you have written -->
check 'Image Ordering' parameter in Category View.
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Options --> Category View --> Category View Settings --> Image Ordering
-->
I suspect that changes the order in all categories which I do not want.
am I guessing that right?

thanks
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Yes, you guess right. I recommended this setting because I misunderstood your first post. I thought you have 1500 pictures in a (one) category. :(
Try to compare the categories. Something has to be different if three categories are sorted correctly and one not. (Different types of file names, etc.)

Kind regards,
Benno
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Yes, you are guessing right. I have recommended this setting because I misunderstood your first post. I thought you have 1500 pictures in a (one) category and no other categories. :(
Try to compare the categories. Something has to be different if three categories are sorted correctly and one not. (Different types of file names, etc.)

Kind regards,
Benno
jannis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jannis »

in each category is a different sort. in three categories, the sequence of images is displayed correctly both in the backend and in the frontend.
Only in the newly created, last, fourth categories is the order of the images displayed correctly in the backend only. unfortunately not in the frontend.
The order of the images should be the same in the frontend.

I assume that the order per category is stored in a database that does not update itself when resorting. if that is so what is that, what is her name, can I delete her ?

Version is now. 4.3.6

thx
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, backend and frontend are different areas. If you set that images will be sorted e.g. by date for the frontend, administrator in backend and sort the images by other item, e.g. by date but in the frontend the images will be still sorted by date (by the parameter set in options). Displaying images in backend for administrating them does not influence the frontend settings :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project