Use different "detail views" for different galleries

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
rodedo
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Use different "detail views" for different galleries

Post by rodedo »

I have found this question here and there in other topic and an answer for a pretty old version of phoca but I did not manage to implement this with the info I found.
I use phocagallery 4.3.6 and I would like to include YouTube videos in my galleries. Given that I use Photoswipe for the Detail View (it is the only one that has all the features I want for the pictures and mobile support), I cannot play videos. I therefore wanted to follow the advise of separating Videos into a dedicated gallery.
So far so good, but how can I tell phocagallery to use a different "Detail Window" for that specific gallery?
The hint I found was talking about dedicated menu entry which would be ok for me, but I could not figure out how to tell a menu entry to use a different "Detail Window".
Can someone help?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Use different "detail views" for different galleries

Post by Jan »

Hi, in Joomla! you can add the component options into the menu link options. So with menu link options you can override the options of the component. This is done by copying the option from XML file (config.xml in administration root of the component) into the menu link XML:

e.g. components/com_phocagallery/views/categories/tmpl/default.xml - then you can set this option directly for menu link only.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project