Updated documentation for creating Facebook app

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
gemadan96
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Updated documentation for creating Facebook app

Post by gemadan96 »

My Phoca Gallery Facebook app has stopped working and won't let me connect. I want to start fresh and create a new app to display my Facebook Galleries. The developer interface on Facebook has changed and your current documentation for creating the app looks nothing like the current Facebook developer interface. Could you please update.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Updated documentation for creating Facebook app

Post by Jan »

Hi, first of all I need to write completely new integration to new FB API (unfortunately this changes so often that it is hard to overwrite it every time it changes). Then I will write new documentation for new API. But it takes some time :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Boby71
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Boby71 »

Hi, I don't have a problem with the application - but it seems PhocaGallery sends some token, the Facebook API doesn't like anmyore:
Invalid Scopes: user_photos, manage_pages, publish_actions. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/fa ... ermissions
(that comes, when I try to connect)

Is this my fault - or is just the gallery outdated when it comes to the facebook connection?

Thanks,
Robert
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, see similar posts in this forum, I need to update the Facebook API in some of the next version.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project