Setup Problems

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
David789
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Setup Problems

Post by David789 »

Hi Sorry for a newbie question but I am trying to do something very simple and I have read the documentation and spent most of the day trying different things to get it to work.
What I want to do is have a category by year then other dates as subcategories.
When I just set up the first main category with a picture it displayed correctly and with the upload options displayed.
When I add a subcategory it displays the subcategory however the upload options are no longer on the page and if I click on the subcategory which contains say 10 images I get the error
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':2017-07-08' at line 1

I have made sure all the category names and image names do not contain any symbols or spaces.

Thanks for your help in advance
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Setup Problems

Post by Jan »

Hi, which version of Phoca Gallery do you use? Can you paste a screenshot of what you exactly mean?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
David789
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David789 »

I am using version 4.3.6.
For instance I have cut it down to one category with 6 pictures in it. The category displays fine however if I click on the picture the error displays rather than any pictures.

I put the screen shots on this page of the website I am trying to build for our club. I could think of anywhere else with photobucket breaking all the forums:)

http://www.ecdra.com.au/about-us/short-term-goals
David789
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David789 »

I have checked that I have the GD libary installed and added a screen shot of that information.
Issues really start to appear when I select the menu item List of Categories (Category view) Your help in solving this is veery welcome as I have spent two days installing and removing PG to get back to default settings then trying something else.
David789
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David789 »

Help I really need help here. I just cant seem to get any subcategories to work. I can get a single verticle line of images to display in List of images Category. View and only a single vertical line no other format. I still cant get the l;ist of Categories to work. It will only display the front page any image clicked on only returns an error.

What is going on here. I am getting very frustrated. Always found Phoca to be great products before.
David789
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David789 »

By just dumb luck and reading as many of the posts on the forum I stumbled on a post that mentioned Teplates were causing some problems. I reinstalled Protostar as I was using shape 5 and wallah everything changed and all of the options I had be adjusting with no results or little result started working. I think I can move forward from here. Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, does it means, it works now?

Jan
David789
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David789 »

Yes got this part of it sorted out thanks for your help.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok