Phoca Gallery 2.8.1 for Joomla 1.5: background images (with shadows) do not line-up with thumbnails when size changed

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
peterpeter60634
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Gallery 2.8.1 for Joomla 1.5: background images (with shadows) do not line-up with thumbnails when size changed

Post by peterpeter60634 »

Hi everybody:

In "Themes" I changed the size of "Medium" background image from 100 pixels x 100 pixels to 100 x 65 - from square to rectangle. I adjusted the size of thumbnails in Parameters as well, and downloaded my pictures. The background images should now be rendered as 83 px x 118 px, while thumbnails on top of them should remain 65 x 100 resulting in a white area around them and a nice dark border. The underlying background image does not line-up with the thumbnail, however. That image, when its hight is changed from 100 pixels to 65px, is cut from 100 to 65 from the top down, while the thumbnail image is lined up with whatever the top margin is, so it looks as the background image dropped down. They do not line up. I examined this in Firebug and it is an in-line element styling, and it does not reflect the change in size: it still shows the background image as 118 x 118, instead of 83 x 118. For whatever reason the styling in Themes, although it shows the change after the background image is created, does not chamge it the in-line styling. If I manually change it to 83 x 118 in Firebug, they both line-up as they should, but it cannot be saved. Has anybody ever encountered a similar problem? I hope Mr. Jan can figure this out.
I know, I would most likely avoid all such problems if I promptly migrated from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 3.6. Can't do it though, at least not now. I have to stick to 1.5, the site is to big.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Gallery 2.8.1 for Joomla 1.5: background images (with shadows) do not line-up with thumbnails when size change

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you recreate the thumbnails after changing the size? Can you paste some screenshots of the problem?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
peterpeter60634
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Phoca Gallery 2.8.1 for Joomla 1.5: background images (with shadows) do not line-up with thumbnails when size change

Thank you for such a prompt reply, I thought it will takes weeks, at best, before anybody would notice my post. Thanks again.
I would gladly attach screenshots to this, but I have no idea how to do that.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
see: #5 forum-rules.php
If you have problem on your site, please paste the link to your site or link a screenshot of your site (store your screenshot on some image server and paste a link to this image into the post).
Kind regards,
Benno
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, this seems like vertical align is ignored, what happens when you switch to another template (only for test), this seems like some conflict between different CSS :idea:

Jan
peterpeter60634
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

I never tried changing templates on this site, actually I don't have another template
peterpeter60634
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

I tried Beez and it looks the same, although, instead of seven columns it shows only five.
peterpeter60634
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

If is seems to be a CSS conflict, maybe I should start by unpublishing plugins, modules and components one by one. CSS conflict must be caused by one of those.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, unfortunately this needs to be tested step by step :-(

Jan