Phoca gallery with extension to let users download and pay per photo?

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
stof
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Phoca gallery with extension to let users download and pay per photo?

Post by stof »

Hi,

Can not find the answer here on this site. But is there a possibility to create a photo album with phoca gallery and that it is possible for users to buy per photo? Or is it possible to make with other extensions?

Looking for something to sell photo's online.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca gallery with extension to let users download and pay per photo?

Post by Jan »

Hi, there are many different ways:

- you can use Phoca Gallery to display images (e.g. with watermarks if needed) and you can link to Phoca Download for downloading the images - e.g. in ZIP - there you can set rights for downloading the images (some external solution needs to be done for buying the images)

- or you can e.g. directly you an e-shop, where you can display the images the same way like in gallery but you will have add to cart button and the option to assign e.g. ZIP file including original images for downloading when user buys them :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
stof
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by stof »

Hi ,

Thanks for your answer.

In your first option. What external solutions needs to be done for buying? Do you need a sort shopping cart extension? In that case. What is the best to use?

And in the second. Do you mean an e-shop solution without Phoca Gallery? I think that is not so good as I miss many options then..

Thanks!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) if you will use Phoca Gallery and Phoca Download, then you need some specific solution for payment - with Phoca Gallery you can display the images in gallery, with Phoca Download you can download them (with restricted access) but you need some payment solution

2) if you will use e-shop, e.g. Phoca Cart, then:
- you can display the "products" as images - in fact the same way like in Phoca Gallery - https://www.phoca.cz/phocacartdemo/phoca ... n-template
- you can use it for buying products/images
- and you can assign products/images with downloadable e.g. ZIP which will include original images - download will be available for the user after payment.

For now, the 2) is still under development (but will be soon stable)

Jan
stof
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by stof »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I installed phoca download but I do not see a way to connect both easily.

I mean when I want to connect the two .. Do I have to upload the images again in phocadownload?

and how do I connect the two?

Do you offer paid customizations of your extensions?

Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, you need to upload specific e.g. ZIP package with original images to the Phoca Download. It is not about customization but about building your site structure.

See e.g. this example (not 100% the same you need, but example):

https://www.phoca.cz/joomla-templates (Phoca Photo/Gallery used to display the templates - images of the templates
Below the image you can see a link to demo and download - the link to download goes to Phoca Download, where you can download the ZIP of the template (in your case e.g. ZIP with original images, the site can be protected by access rights which you can define with some component for paid features)

Of you can use directly e-shop solution - e.g. Phoca Cart - where you define the image for the product and the ZIP for the same product. After payment user is able to download the ZIP.

Etc. there are many possible solutions how to build it.

Jan
FabioA
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by FabioA »

Hello,

at the moment i'm using Phoca Gallery on my web site but I'd like to use Phoca Cart to try to sell some pictures. I have a couple of questions:

-) Is there any way to migrate automatically categories and pictures (products) from Phoca Gallery to Phoca Cart?
-) Is there a way to add multiple products (pictures) on Phoca Cart as you can do on Gallery? Otherwise you can need long time to add 40-50 picture ...

Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
1) no, unfortunately, there is no migration tool for migrate images from Phoca Gallery to Phoca Cart :-(
2) no, there is no such option, because first of all by products, you need the data and data are mostly different for each product. Each product can have more than one image, etc. So there is import function but not multiple add function :-(

Jan
FabioA
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by FabioA »

Please, any help for this issue?

Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Which issue you exactly mean? the migration? Unfortunately I didn't do any such migration yet, so have no clue advice. The way can be somehow use the phpMyAdmin to convert images into products but both gallery and e-commerce are two different types so somehow make the bridge between them will be really hard. :idea:

You can somehow export title and image from Phoca Gallery and this add to product title and image but it still does not solve all other parts like price, etc. :idea:

Jan