Nothing happens when clicking thumbnails

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
jfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

First of all *thank

Post by jfreeze »

First of all *thank you* for creating this beautiful component. I have seen it in action on a few sites and it is excellent.

Unfortunately it is not working properly for me. I have it installed on a linux server with php 5.05 and Joomla 1.5RC3. When creating a gallery it generates the thumbnails with no problems and when I connect to the gallery through the menu, the photo gallery page looks great.

However when I click on the thumbnails to see the large view I get a Javascript error:
"Json.evaluate is not a function"

This error is generated while executing line 132 from modal.js:
if (this.element && this.element.rel) options = $merge(options || {}, Json.evalu
ate(this.element.rel));

I get this error in both IE and FF while running on my local Windows server as well as my public Linux server.

Thanks for your help. You can count on a donation from me if I can get this into production.

James Friesen
Mango Tree Media
http://www.mangotreemedia.com
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi James...

Post by Jan »

Hi James...

There is a problem, because I didn't create modal.js. It is a part of Joomla framework and Phoca Gallery use this modal class.

You can use Popup Window instead of Modal box, but this is not a solution

Please, try other version of Joomla 1.5 RC3, maybe last SVN or nightly builds ( http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/ ). Maybe, something is missing in modal.js and let me know if the problem persists. ???
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Thanks for the quick

Post by jfreeze »

Thanks for the quick reply.

After trying the latest Nightly Build (no change) I had the idea that it might be a Javascript conflict with the template. So I switched to the default template and it all started working!

The template I am using is Equinox from RocketTheme and so there is obviously a conflict with some Javascript that it is loading. I will have to start to debug to see where the problem is.
jfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

To further follow th

Post by jfreeze »

To further follow this up, I discovered the problem, specifically, was that the Equinox Template (and probably all the newer templates from Rockettheme) use a different version for mootools.js. When I commented out the line that loads the new one, the PhocaGallery started working properly again.

Of course the downside is that Rockettheme's cool Mootools modules won't co-exist with PhocaGallery. Fortunately for me, I didn't need those effects for my site.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Thank you for your i

Post by Jan »

Thank you for your info ...
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project