Does not work with PHP 5?

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Svempa
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

JoomlaXplorer killed

Post by Svempa »

JoomlaXplorer killed my dropdown menus in the backend, just like before (came back when logging on again), but no broken links. Only one strange thing, Media Manager can see the /phocagallery folder (and of course it exists) but JoomlaXplorer can not.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

I think there is som

Post by Jan »

I think there is some setting on your server which causes the problems links...

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Svempa
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

No, this is certainl

Post by Svempa »

No, this is certainly a Joomla! problem. A hardcoding problem, I think. I have set the docman folder /dmdocuments as the files and images folder in Global Configuration. Media manager then shows this path:
/hsphere/local/home/rolfnord/nodingegolf.se/images
which is completely wrong, but the contents are correct. The folder contains an /images subfolder, if I click on this folder the path becomes:
/hsphere/local/home/rolfnord/nodingegolf.se/images//hsphere/local/home/rolfnord/nodin gegolf.se/dmdocuments/images

The correct path is of course just the relative path /dmdocuments/images and using this path in the editor I can put pictures in my articles.

I have made various other experiments, and I now firmly believe this is a Joomla! bug. What is still unclear is why things worked well for a long time before this bug manifested itself. Anyay I think you are innocent, and I regret starting this thread here, it should be a bug report to Joomla!.
Svempa
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Unbelievable, now it

Post by Svempa »

Unbelievable, now it works! But I wonder WHY?

I made a copy of the /images folder, called it /bildbibliotek and put "bildbibliotek" (with no slash) as the files folder and "bildbibliotek/images" as the images folder in Global Configuration.

Media Manager then displays the path
/hsphere/local/home/rolfnord/nodingegolf.se/images
which is wrong, but the data is correct.

Clicking on subfolder /stories gives me the path
/hsphere/local/home/rolfnord/nodingegolf.se/images/stories
which is not correct but the data is OK.

I'm really puzzled. Sorry to have disturbed you, this thread is no closed, it cannot be a Phoca Gallery Problem at all.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Ok

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project