Upddate Error: Joomla\Filesystem\File::delete: Failed deleting close.png

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
gwolfe
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Upddate Error: Joomla\Filesystem\File::delete: Failed deleting close.png

Post by gwolfe »

I am trying to update my copy of Phoca Gallery ver 4.3.18 to ver 4.4.3 on my Joomla 3.10.11 site. I have successfully done the update on my Linux test system but cannot update on the live server.

Joomla Update displays the following error:

"Joomla\Filesystem\File::delete: Failed deleting close.png
Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.
You are strongly advised to make a backup of your site's files and database before you start updating."
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Upddate Error: Joomla\Filesystem\File::delete: Failed deleting close.png

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to enable debug mode to see the full error message (it seems like there are some problems with deleting files on your site, so maybe some permissions or ownership problems :idea: )

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
gwolfe
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by gwolfe »

Jan:

Thanks for the suggestions. I set Joomla debug on and got no indication of what dir/file was at fault. A search of the directory for the Phoca Gallery APP resulted in over 250 "close.png" files. I did not find a debug setting for Phoca Gallery by it's self? Is it possible that I will need to update in multiple steps? Seems odd that my home Linux server upgraded just fine. Usually home server has issues with file permissions. Looking at the system permissions screen in Joomla it only shows two unwritable dir/files; config.php and the /administrator/logs (folder). Did I miss a debug that is somewhere else?

Greg
gwolfe
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by gwolfe »

Jan:

I finally found 3 instances of the "close.png" file in three "com_phocagallery/asssets" folders. All three folders are marked as "rwx". The "close.png" file permissions are marked as "rw" for the file owner for all three folders. The "close.png" file in "assets/boxplus/css/shadow" folder shows the "close.png" file as an executable (* after the name), that does not seem correct for a ".png" file since it should be an image.

Comments?

Greg
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no comments. Phoca Gallery does not install itself, it is installed by Joomla extension manager, so in fact it has no influence on folder or file permissions/ownership :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project