Auto Migration from JoomGallery to Phoca Gallery

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
ervinjason12
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Auto Migration from JoomGallery to Phoca Gallery

Post by ervinjason12 »

Hello, is there any way for me to flash joomgallery to phoca gallery? I have too many galleries to transfer it manually. It's a pity I'm still looking for a new gallery. I have 300 categories. I have to do it manually and it takes a long time. If I do it, I will automatically lose 300 links.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Auto Migration from JoomGallery to Phoca Gallery

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't know any such script. But in Phoca Gallery you can convert whole folder structure (folders/subfolders/images) to categories/subcategories/images with one click in Multiple Add funciton. So if the gallery is prepared on the server in folders/subfolders, such can be transformed to gallery on website with one click.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ervinjason12
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ervinjason12 »

Jan wrote: Hi, I don't know any such script. But in Phoca Gallery you can convert whole folder structure (folders/subfolders/images) to categories/subcategories/images with one click in Multiple Add funciton. So if the gallery is prepared on the server in folders/subfolders, such can be transformed to gallery on website with one click.

Jan
As a supplementary information, I have installed Phoca Photo plugin, activated it and added {phocaphoto view=category|id=75} in the article.

This plugin is working. Unfortunately its all the photos of a category not as for Phoca Gallery Plugin selection of a range of photos.

I suspect that Phoca Gallery Plugin is not working with latest version of Phoca Gallery 4.5.0 and Joomla 4.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the Phoca Gallery plugin which is working for Joomla 4 works in fact the same way like Phoca Photo Plugin. You can add ID of category and limit of images displayed:

https://www.phoca.cz/demo/phocagallery-plugin

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project