Cannot upload new photos

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
pramclub
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Cannot upload new photos

Post by pramclub »

I'm using Phoca Gallery on two sites, one online and one still in testing on localhost. I recently upgraded the online site to Joomla 1.5.15 (from 1.5.9), the localhost site I had installed using 1.5.15, and I'm using Phoca Gallery 2.6.2 on both.

Since the Joomla upgrade, I can't add photos - after choosing "new" I get a blank box, my localhost system goes to 100% cpu, memory 100%, system load 3+, and Firefox stops responding - I have to kill it using system monitor. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on that system.

I had no problems at all before my upgrade, so has anyone else had problems using Phoca Gallery on 1.5.15? I've used the "authorise all" button as recommended on the Phoca download page.

I have PHP errors and display ON.

TIA
lancerus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Cannot upload new photos

Post by lancerus »

What version of php is on the localhost/ubuntu site, and how is it setup?
What you'll find is environment differences here between the online site and the localhost site that you'll need to track down.
I'm doing the same thing, and have some problems as well (uploading "some" images on my laptop) that I haven't finished working out. My hosting site however works fine where my laptop fails. Example: my hosting site is running php-5.2.12 as a cgi, my laptop is fedora-12 with php-5.3 as a .so to apache. Very different worlds. I am using joomla 1.5.15 across the board and phoca gallery 2.6.2.
pramclub
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by pramclub »

My localhost has Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.8 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

My online site host has Apache version:2.2.12 (Unix), PHP version: 5.2.10, MySQL version: 5.0.84
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, mostly if there is blank page, there is some php error. Is the php error reporting enabled to see the error?

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joomla ... rs-on-site

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
susan012
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by susan012 »

My laptop problem is the same he can not upload pictures on Whatsapp kindly guides me
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Yes, but this is Phoca forum. You should post your question at Whatsapp forum... :idea:

Kind regards,
Benno