Suggestion: Select Category Thumbnail Photo

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
jon.m
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Suggestion: Select Category Thumbnail Photo

Post by jon.m »

This is a great extension, and keeps getting better! The quality of the phocagallery component is great and very stable.

For the features backlog, I would like to see a field added to the "Categories" admin menu, such that when editing a Category, I could select the photo used as the Category thumbnail. (Alternately, a flag "Use as Category Thumbnail" on a specific image, though I expect this alternative is harder to implement being this is related to the categories display.)

Most of my photo categories are fine, so this isn't a general parameter setting solution. But I do have one catalog with over 1,500 photos (four different cameras!) from a wedding, and I'd like to select a specific photo from within this category for the category thumbnail. The images are posted in a chronological order of events from the day, and sorting the category by hand with so many photos is nearly impossible.

Thanks, Jon
bcraigie
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Suggestion: Select Category Thumbnail Photo

Post by bcraigie »

This is definitely a high priority request for me.

In the meantime, if you have a small number of categories (or have plenty of time and patience), you can create an article, insert a picture, and hyperlink the picture to a category display page. You would repeat this for each category you wish to display. A bit of a long way round, but might help some people until this functionality is provided.

Brian
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Suggestion: Select Category Thumbnail Photo

Post by Jan »

Hi, added to the feature request list, for now see:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... t/511-tips (1)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project