Categories View shows Files listed without having to open it

Phoca Download - download manager
Robbie8
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Categories View shows Files listed without having to open it

Post by Robbie8 »

Hi,
I am using the Categories view for my web page, because I want the opportunity to show all of the categories which have files in them on one page. - See picture in Phoca-Download-Page-1.JPG linked here Image

What I would like however is that the categories are automatically expanded in the Categories view, so that the user does not have to click on the category to see the files enclosed in it - as can be seen in the picture in Phoca-Download-Page-2.JPG linked here Image.

I would appreciate understanding whether there is an option that would do this, or whether the "Layout" feature may give me what I want - I don't really understand how the Layouts work, so if Layout is a way to get what I want and someone could help me to set it up, that would be great.

If Layout isn't the way, can anyone advise another way?

I know I can use the Category View, but I don't want to have to keep changing the Category reference each time, so I believe this will give me what I want?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob :?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Categories View shows Files listed without having to ope

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no such option. This needs to be customized.

1) per javascript - when all the items are loaded - can be possible security issue because all the items need to be loaded and this can take a lot of database resources
2) per ajax

:idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Robbie8
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Categories View shows Files listed without having to ope

Post by Robbie8 »

Jan,
OK - so could i put this forward as a possible enhancement request for the future?

Thanks

Rob