Facebook API Error: Unknown method (3)

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
surenc
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Facebook API Error: Unknown method (3)

Post by surenc »

Howsit Guys I have a problem for joomla 2.5.7 when creating a category selecting a user works fine but when I click Facebook album it give me a
Facebook API Error: Unknown method (3) please help
pulsem
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Facebook API Error: Unknown method (3)

Post by pulsem »

Hi, we are now experiencing the same issue.

1. We had to move our site from testing domain to full domain, on testing domain when you click on select facebook album the pop is blank with no albums.

2. On our new proper domain when clicking on select facebook album we get the error: Facebook API Error: Unknown method (3)

Please can someone help as really need to import and export albums to facebook,

We are running on Joomla 2.5.9 and latest version of phoca gallery 3.2.3

Please help. Thanks J
oscarherrera
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by oscarherrera »

I set my Facebook User (App ID) from a list of users, then I try to select an album and when I clic the button, it returns the message "Facebook API Error: Unknown method (3)".
Phocagallery 3.2.3 and Joomla 2.5.9
I had the unable to login issue: "API Error Code: 100 API Error Description: Invalid parameter
Error Message: Please migrate to OAuth2 and use new /dialog/oauth endpoint. return_session is no longer available." And I solved it upgrading 3.2.1 to 3.2.3, but I can't import facebook images yet.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you ask Facebook developers for this error? Unfortunatelly the comunications goes from your server to facebook server and back - it communicates to your application on Facebook.

I am testing it now on three different systems (include my localhost) and get normally the albums from Facebook. Try to recheck the Application settings :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
oscarherrera
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by oscarherrera »

Where are the lines of code that send the petition of the albums to FB? I think it's something concerning to the pop up window.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, see:
administrator\components\com_phocagallery\views\phocagalleryfba\view.html.php

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Trinbagoman
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Trinbagoman »

I am having a similar issue. I think the problem may be creating and configuring the facebook app. There seems to be no clear instructions on this:.
oscarherrera
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by oscarherrera »

Hi.
These are my Facebook users settings on Phoca's administration panel, and I think it's ok:

I guess the Facebook app is also correct, :

The problem may be some files missing in my com_phocagallery folder, or are they in other location? - "administrator\components\com_phocagallery\views\phocagalleryfba\view.html.php"-

Trinbagoman
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Trinbagoman »

i have similar settings, and i am still getting "Facebook API Error: Unknown method (3)"

I am using PHOCA Bete 4.0. Anyone had any success with Beta 4.0 and importing fb galleries?
tadsl

Post by tadsl »

Having the same issue with Joomla 2.5.9 and Phocagallery 3.2.3

After the complete setup of the Facebook application and setting up the Facebook User datas I am getting the error message "Facebook API Error: Unknown method (3)" when trying to create a new Phocagallery category by choosing my FB account and after that trying to select an FB album.

@oscarherrera:

Could it be, that you're in the wrong directory? Your screenshot shows the directory /components/com_phocagallery/views, but you will find the view.html.php in the administrator directory administrator/components/com_phocagallery/views/phocagalleryfba