Phoca Newbie

{…} code showing on frontend

Post by Alicya »

I'm using
Joomla 2.5.8
Phoca Download 2.1.8
Plugin content 2.1.6
Plugin Editors-xtd 2.1.4

Everything works well on a normal article page, but I want to make some links in a component (Saxum Picker 2.0.7) and I only get the {code within brackets} on the frontend. This component has an editing window and the button is functioning to create the code, but then it's just text on the frontend.

I've tried to insert the code in a page from another composant (AcyMailing) and I get the same result: the text in the brackets, so I suppose there is something stopping it to work in those cases. Is there a way to override/hack that or a trick that I would need to know?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: {…} code showing on frontend

Post by Jan »

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Alicya
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Alicya »

Thank you for the answer. I've read the article, but not sure how to proceed.

1) I cannot find the codes that are mentioned in the article anywhere. Maybe it's for Phoca Gallery, but not sure how this translates to Phoca Download. I'm not a php programmer, so I will be doing copy and paste!!! More than that is beyond me.
3) Where is the plugin mentioned in the article: (Phoca Download plugin code needs to be installed and enabled). Is it part of the plugin or another special one? I cannot find a link for it anywhere.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) I don't know the component you are using, so the place needs to be found there ( there place where you are pasting the plugin code, it does not matter whihc plugin it is, it depends on the component if it accepts content plugins or not - if not, the place where you have placed the plugin needs to be found in the code and change)
2) Plugin needs to be installed and published (does not depends which exactly) and if yes and it is content plugin, it will be displayed in articles, to display them in another part e.g in another component, the component needs to be customized.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project