Download does not work! Need help urgently!

Phoca Download - download manager
wimatqbic
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Download does not work! Need help urgently!

Post by wimatqbic »

I am using Joomla 1.5.26 in combination with Phoca Downloads 1.3.9. Installation was already rough because of limitations on the webserver hosted by the ISP. The hosting uses PHP 5.x and after going through this forum I had to manually install the tables with phoca downlods to get it working at all and see the settings of it. I did not install any addional plugin just use the module mod_phocadownload_sectionmenu to get an overview of the folder and files which is enough for my purpose.

After configuring a downloads folder, checking access right which should be ok, I added a section, a category and some files to download for registerd users on my website.

Everything seeems fine up to the point that I want to download a file by clicking the download button. Nothing happens. I do not get a download pop-up, no location for the file to be saved... nothing. The preview button gives the correct preview and the details button shows the file details so I know that the path to the file is ok.

The result in my main content placeholder is a grey box with the up arrow and that's it. No download!

Can anybody help me please?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Download does not work! Need help urgently!

Post by Jan »

Hi, do you get some e.g. javascript error there, did you change the folder for phoca download files, if yes, does it work when default folder is set.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
wimatqbic
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by wimatqbic »

Hi Jan,

I did not get any errors what so ever. The download folder is set to images/stories/pressroom which is a specific folder containing the download files.
I also tried the default folder but that does not work as well. Extra information: I had some problems installing the component so I had to manually create all tables using the SQL script in the install file. Perhaps that gives you more clues?? Other components installed are JCE and RS forms. The rest is pretty standard. Any more suggestions?? Would be highly appreciated...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, first check it with standard download folder again and try to enable php error reporting and debug mode in joomla (maybe there will be some error message, which can help, without such message it is in fact not possible to say what can be wrong there :idea: )

Jan
wimatqbic
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by wimatqbic »

Hi Jan,

I will give that a try as you say. Will do that first thing in 2013 and let you know ok? Strange thing is that i tried the same install with a different ISP and no problems there. This specific site is hosted at xs4all which gives problems... support of that ISP is very poor as i tried using .htaccess which does not work at all aswell... can it be that it is an access rights problem with some script for the download or something? Can you tell me what the access rights for the downloaded files and phoca scripts should be??

Wim
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, which access rights you mean, Phoca Download does not set any access rights, they are standard like in Joomla!
wimatqbic
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by wimatqbic »

Ok good. Will go and try The standard download directory then but first new years eve.
Will let you know asap and have a good start of 2013!