(Mime Type not found)

Phoca Download - download manager
jamesosullivan1
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

(Mime Type not found)

Post by jamesosullivan1 »

Hi there,
I just wanted to say that this component looks great and seems like it is prefect for what I am after if I can get it to work. Hopefully someone can be of help to me.

Basically I get the following error - "Error while downloading file (Mime Type not found)" on the frontend of my Joomla 1.5.7 installation when I go to download a .pdf or a .zip from the frontend. I know I need to have the right Mime types in the settings which are currently all there from the default installation however I still get this error no matter what extension or type of file it is.

I presume I am doing something very basic wrong :x

I have uploaded an attachment of the error I have been getting consistently.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

James
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: (Mime Type not found)

Post by Jan »

Hi, please let me know the site, if all is right (mime set in settings) maybe some permissions of server there are :idea:
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jamesosullivan1
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. the name of the site is: http://www.classof1984.co.uk/testrcyc/ (Just go to this link and click Downloads on the top menu) and as you can see this is not located in the main root of the site. I have now tried a simple .doc and .zip and still the same error so it must be something basic. I have all the permissions for everything to do with phoca download set to 777 :x

Has it something to do with the site not being in the main root as I am just building it right now. I have php 5.2.6 and mysql 5.0 and I am running joomla 1.5.7 and I have all the default MIME settings in my admin panel.

Hope you can help. :x
jamesosullivan1
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Hi there, I just wanted to add I tried this component on a fresh install of joomla 1.5.7 and everything installs fine and seems to work great in the backend. But again the same MIME error comes up on the frontend when you click the download button. This install was on a new server and new Joomla install with PHP 5.2.6 and MySQL 5.0 and all permission where 777.

Has it anything to do with a .ini file or something along the lines on the server - maybe? I looked through your forum but no one else seems to be getting this error and I get it on 2 fresh installs now so wondering if anyone else is getting this and has solved it?

If I could solve this issue - this component would be super.

Thanks
James
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

:(
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Did you set the mime type in Settings?
Jane Blonde
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Jane Blonde »

TIP:
Make sure that your extensions are set lower case, I had the same issue until I realised that there was only a mime type for jpg and not JPG.
brentwilliams2
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by brentwilliams2 »

Thanks Jane - worked for me! Seems that maybe this should be an adjustment in the code to make sure this doesn't happen? (i.e., change the case of the extension automatically?)