Posts not shown in Frontend

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
MadGen112358
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Posts not shown in Frontend

Post by MadGen112358 »

Hi,
I am using Phoca Guestbook Version 3.0.4 with Joomla Version 3.6.5.

When a public user creates a new post via the frontend or alternatively the administrator via the backend, this newly created post is NOT shown in the frontend but it is a published post in the backend.
It does not appear in the generated HTML too. When deleting the browser cache, the post does not appear. However, if I manually empty the Joomla intern cache via the backend, then the new posts appear in the front end.

What can be the problem here?

Caching is disabled within Joomla. Furthermore in Phoca Guestbook the report function is disabled, such that the posts should appear instantly, the posts are set to "Posts shown", there is no content check and no IP check at all, CAPTCHA is enabled.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Posts not shown in Frontend

Post by Jan »

Hi,

What can be the problem here?
This seems like the problem is cache on your site. Which does not allow to display new posts.
Caching is disabled within Joomla
If the posts are displayed after clearing Joomla! intern cache, there must be enabled some cache function. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
MadGen112358
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by MadGen112358 »

You're right. The plugin System - Cache was enabled, which is the Joomla Cache. So the new posts were visible after the Cache time I set in the guestbook settings. However the Module specific caching defined in the main configurations of Joomla were turned off, but this has nothing to do with the normal page caching. Now I made an expection for the guestbook page in the plugin System - Cache, such that no caching is done on that site.

SO the thread can be set to "solved".
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project