load wines autmatically in wine list

Phoca Restaurant Menu - restaurant menu manager
codarini
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

load wines autmatically in wine list

Post by codarini »

Hi,
is there a way to load a list of wines automatically into Phoca Restaurant wine list??
I'm using Pro version and i'm writing about 100 kind of wines. should be helpful to load from a TXT file into Phoca DB.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
ciao.
agiercke
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: load wines autmatically in wine list

Post by agiercke »

I was able to accomplish something similar using phpMyAdmin and importing via CSV. I first had to create the lists and the groups - next in the spread sheet I created the following columns:

id,catid,sid,imageid,type,quantity,title,alias,price,description,published,checked_out,checked_out_time,ordering

In the catid column I would enter the ID of the Group I wanted the item to appear in and in the type column I entered the ID of the List. Next I would import the CSV into the jos_phocamenu_item table and the items were entered.

It took a little playing with - couple of things to note - if you have double quotes in your title or description it will break the import and you will likely get an error related to an invalid number of columns. Second - if you want to immediately publish your items enter a 1 in the published column.

Hope it helps.

Allan
gabitech
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by gabitech »

Thanks Allan, this is really helpful!
specialneeds
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

CSV upload

Post by specialneeds »

This is a very important feature. I just wasted hours typing food items into Phoca Restaurant. This could have been a 10 minute process if Phoca Restaurant had a csv upload function.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is in feature request list but it is not so easy as displaying of the menu seems to be simple but it is really difficult - for storing item, you need to know which group it is and you need to know which list/day it is and you need to know which type it is (daily menu, weekly menu) so it then seems like:

1,5,7,8,1 (id, group id, list or day it, type id, etc.)

And if this is not added manually but stored e.g. as backup, etc. why not to use SQL and phpMyAdmin? Mostly to build feature which exists and works perfect in other program (phpMyAdmin) is not good as such large feauture then complicate all the system (component installing, component maintaining and managing, etc.) This is really a problem with the component so mostly you need to decide which functions you should set for the component - you will do a component but it works with files, so you will make file manager inside it, you want to backup it so you will make import/export function plus its download/upload function, etc. etc. - there can be hundreds of functions which ten cannot be updated 100% and will be not perfect and will slow down and complicate the system - so really a question, should the component do only its own function or should imitate all possible help tools :-( :idea:

Jan

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project