KML and Phocamaps 2.0.5

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
Topaz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: KML and Phocamaps 2.0.5

Post by Topaz »

I am having the same problem with wamp but it works on a live server
It must be a setting in wamp because it is not following relative paths with a few other extensions. But on the live server there is no problem. I I find the solution I will post back here so that others can configure wamp correctly.

Note to moderator
I have no connection with the link show. It is for reference only.
Topaz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Topaz »

Relative links do work in Wamp or from any other local directory PROVIDED that they aren't root-relative links like you have. If a link is a normal relative link like image.jpg or images/image1.jpg then it works locally but if you start with a / like /image.jpg or /images/image1,jpg the browser goes to the root directory and works from there, which is probably C:\ on your computer with lots of subdirectories before you reach the www directory so the file isn't found. On your host's server the root directory is the first you use.

So if you use root-relative links, always test online.

Edit: I've never set up a virtual host to use Wamp (but I normally use normal relative links, not root-relative links).
Will not post the source of the quote

It looks like it is th way wamp handles paths ?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, info for all who have problem with KML - to test it, your site needs to be online (it cannot be tested on localhost).

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project