Loadposition Plugin crashes PDF creation

Phoca PDF - creating PDF documents in Joomla! CMS
cschm
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Loadposition Plugin crashes PDF creation

Post by cschm »

Hi Phoca Team,

while working on a website for a customer, I came across a something, that might be a bug in PhocaPDF.

While PhocaPDF works fine with articles which do not use the loadposition plugin, it fails to create any form of PDF when the joomla core plugin for {loadposition} or {loadmodule} is used in the article. There isn't any error message at all, it just shows you, that the pdf could not be rendered correctly.

I am aware, that the component and plugin for PhocaPDF have the option to disable plugin code. But strangely enough, this option does nothing when it comes to this explicit plugin (plugins/content/loadmodule). No matter if you turn it off or on. Furthermore, I use the Inline Browser (Popup) as the PDF Destination. Changing this options also result in a unsuccesful rendering of the pdf.

I have testet this behaviour with a second Joomla! and different plugins. Youtube or gallery plugins work fine and PhocaPDF successfully disables the code and renders the pdf. I also testet it with Phoca Download and the Phoca Download Plugin, in the case the problem would be single bracket plugin code. But the Phoca Download Plugin works fine, no crash. At this point, I only found that the loadpositon / loadmodule plugin creates this bug. It does not matter, if modules are actually loaded. The plugin code alone is enough.

I am sorry if this is a known issue, but I could not find anything on the topic in this forum or google. A solution to that problem would be very much appreciated.

Addional infos:
Joomla version: 3.5.1
PHP Version: 5.6.19 & 5.4.4.
PhocaPDF version: 3.0.2
Phoca PDF Content Plugin installed
Phoca PDF System Plugin installed on one system, the other used the overwrite method. same bug.
Used content language: german (umlauts are used)
No caching enabled
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Loadposition Plugin crashes PDF creation

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the info, please you can paste here the plugin codes (exactly) so I can test it?

Thank you, Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
cschm
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by cschm »

No problem. The loadposition plugin simply loads a module position in the content of an article. For existing modules I tested so far:

{loadposition branches}
{loadposition copyright}
{loadposition youtube}
{loadmodule mod_menu}

With loadposition it is just the moduleposition you definied for one or more modules. Just using {loadpositon} does not call the plugin and hencefort does not produce the bug. But loading module positions where there are no modules or even are not definied in the template.xml (something like {loadposition test}) all break the pdf creation.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, thank you very much for the info, I will take a look at it. (Seems like some new regular expression needs to be used for the hiding the plugins)

Thank you, Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, should be OK in verison 3.0.3:

https://www.phoca.cz/news/903-phoca-pdf-3-0-3-released

Jan