K2 compatibility

Phoca PDF - creating PDF documents in Joomla! CMS
motofzr1000
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

K2 compatibility

Post by motofzr1000 »

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to generate nice pdf's on my site, and I stumbled upon Phoca PDF.
I can get it to work just fine with Joomla articles, but is it also compatible with K2 (http://www.get2k.org) ?
I've tried searching the forum, but couldn't find any info concerning K2.
Since each search term should be at least 4 characters, I've looked at every thread title, but with no success.

Anyway, K2 doesn't provide an option to generate pdf's, but there's a simple hack for this, which I've tried, and it works for Joomla articles (http://community.getk2.org/forum/topics ... ic%3A47292).

In short: I've just placed a view.pdf.php file in my K2 template folder, and added a PDF button to my template file. When I use the standard Joomla PDF function, the pdf is generated, but as expected, it looks quite awfull. When I try to generate a pdf with Phoca PDF, I'm getting the following error: PDF ERROR - Document cannot be created.

Do I have to modify the view.pdf.php file in order to get Phoca PDF to work with K2?
I would think that if the standard Joomla pdf gets created, it should also work with Phoca PDF, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jurgen

ps: I'm using Joomla 1.5.23, and Phoca PDF 1.09
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: K2 compatibility

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now I don't know any plugin for Phoca PDF and K2. I think you need to modify the phocapdf document type in
libraries\joomla\document\ folder too. :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
motofzr1000
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by motofzr1000 »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I'm not a PHP programmer, but I've managed to modify the phocapdf document type, and it seems to be working now.

However, it only works with SEF urls disabled.
With SEF urls enabled, I'm getting a popup with the html page itself.

Could you please give me some hints how to get it working with SEF urls enabled?

regards,

Jurgen
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to change the sef parameter in plugin, I am running Phoca PDF with SEF enabled without problems, so for now don't have any experiences with problems with SEF ? :idea: :(

Jan
b600e6tr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by b600e6tr »

Hi,
I have successfully installed phoca pdf in joomla and able to generate pdf for joomla articles. But it is not working for k2 items. Can you please let me know the step by step procedure to have this work for k2 items.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't know K2 but I think, for K2 there needs to written similar plugin like for the content is. :idea:

Jan
b600e6tr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by b600e6tr »

Hi Jan, thanks for your reply. K2 is a joomla content module just like articles for joomla. I think, phoca pdf should know the k2 content and convert it to PDF. I tried modifying phocapdf.php code, but not able to generate the article content to pdf. It is just blank. Can you help me please.

Thanks
b600
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, as I wrote I have no experiences with K2 - I know that this is a component but I don't know how it works. So cannot give any advices as I have no idea if it has similar output as articles or other - in every case, I think, it will be different and completely new plugin needs to be written :-(

Jan
Picannick
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Picannick »

I'm sorry but i got to pushup this thread ;-)

Im really intersted too! Everybody wants it!

I found a Voting for a Wishlist with Phoca-PDF-functions

I really like to post ist here, because it would make K2 & Phoca very much better!!!

https://phoca.uservoice.com/forums/1272 ... ilters/hot
ocean1
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ocean1 »

So, when will it be released?
We are waiting for it.