Add pdf icon to a calendar

Phoca PDF - creating PDF documents in Joomla! CMS
kotta
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Add pdf icon to a calendar

Post by kotta »

Hi

I use some calendar modul/components. I would like to add the pdf icon to them to be able to print or save the events as pdf. Can you help me what program code has to be added. //i have not been found any answer for my question in the forum//

I was just thinking in this one to the right place, but most of times the calendar page was showing nothing (white page) afetwards:
include_once(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_phocapdf/helpers/phocapdf.php');
$phocaPDF = PhocaPDFHelper::getPhocaPDFContentIcon($displayData['item'], $displayData['params']);
echo $phocaPDF;

I'm not a big guru in the PHP, so I'm sure i made something wrong.

Regards
Kotta
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Add pdf icon to a calendar

Post by Jan »

Hi, but this only solve the part of displaying PDF but you need some plugin which will convert the content of the calendar to PDF data :idea:
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
kotta
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by kotta »

Hi

Honestly i do not know how your plugin works. I just wondering how i can solve this issue shortly. I was thinking it is possible to save this content somehow. What do you think. This is the ICagenda and the event list what i want to export to pdf. Your pdf module (among your other fantastic solutions) is the best pdf module.

Regards
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the problem is, you need a plugin for converting something from html to PDF and for now Phoca PDF only includes 3 plugins:

- for content (mostly used)
- for VirtueMart Invoices (obsolete solution, not more supported)
- and for Phoca Restaurant Menu items.

So if you want to make PDF form other part of Joomla! like some external extension, a plugin needs to be written for this (and this requires the knowledge of Joomla!, Phoca PDF, the external component and a lot of time as converting dynamic HTML to static PDF is really not easy process :-( :-( )
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project