Template Tre Galleries View under BX Slider

Phoca Templates - templates for Joomla! CMS
dtporhom
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Template Tre Galleries View under BX Slider

Post by dtporhom »

Dear Jan,
I would like to create a website with the same functionality as demonstrated at phoca.cz/joomla3demo. I have downloaded and installed the latest releases of the TRE template and all phoca modules. With the help of the provided documentation, I was able to create galleries, menus and the BX slider at the top on the Home page.

However, the only way I manage to display created galleries is by creating a regular menu link under the Main menu. This displays all galleries in the article position on the right side.

But, I can't create the thumbnail view of galleries with gallery names directly under the BX slider on the Home page as it is shown on the TRE demo site. Please, explain how you created this. Thank you in advance.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Template Tre Galleries View under BX Slider

Post by Jan »

Hi, just set the menu link to Phoca Gallery - categories view as default (home) in Menu Manager :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dtporhom
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by dtporhom »

Dear Jan,
I set the menu link to Phoca Gallery - categories view as default home page in Menu Manager. However, the categories view are still displayed vertically in on the right side in the blog or article position.
I tried finding another solution, creating a new module using phoca categories view and setting the module position to position 26. This creates a tiled display of categories just under the slider, however without category names.

What thumbnail size did you use (small/medium/large) in creating categories view? Maybe my thumbnails are too large?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, here:
https://www.phoca.cz/joomla3demo/

Small thumbnails are used - in Options the size for small thumbnails was set to 112px x 75px

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dtporhom
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by dtporhom »

Hi, Jan,
Thank you very much.
Despite all my efforts, after I created a new menu page based on phoca categories view and set it as home page, all categories view thumbnails were displayed under breadcrumbs (position 2) in position 20 in a vertical list, like a list of blogs, instead of tiled list as shown on the demo site.

I solved it by providing other content in position 20, 21, 22. This pushed up the Categories view thumbnails up in a tiled row, creating the look of the demo site.

However, it is very important to get the size of medium and small thumbnails right. This took the most time. It majorly affects the look of the Categories view thumbnails.
Also, it was important to choose a suitable size between Small or Medium in Categories options under Phoca Control Settings.

Now, everything looks more or less just like on the demo site.
Thank you for your technical support.

Very last question:
Because thumbnail size is very important, please, write what were the medium and large thumbnail sizes you used.

Thank you a lot in advance.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
Large Image Width 640
Large Image Height 480
Medium Image Width 224
Medium Image Height 150
Small Image Width 112