Phoca Bild Transparent Homepage Content Box

Phoca Templates - templates for Joomla! CMS
skyehog
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Bild Transparent Homepage Content Box

Post by skyehog »

Hi

Ideally I would like to remove the transparent content box from my home page - http://www.altjewellery.com

If this isn't straightforward I would just like to put a single line of text into this box instead but when I try the the article text isn't fully visible - there seems to be padding / margin approx 25px which is preventing the (heading 4) text being fully visible.

I would really appreciate some pointers on either how to remove the transparent content box completely from the home page only, or otherwise how to format the margins / padding so my line of text is fully visible.

I have played around with the css on the template manager stylesheets for hours but I admit I have little idea what to do to achieve this.

Thanks very much

Nick
skyehog
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Phoca Bild Transparent Homepage Content Box

Post by skyehog »

OK, I figured out that the article text will show properly if I put my site Online from Global config (though most of the top is missing when Offline - I can live with that).

I wonder if someone could tell me exactly where to find the parameters for controlling the margins / padding for this content box so that I can make it less deep (ie top & bottom margins hugging the text closer) ?

Also - is there an easy way to just get rid of this box from the homepage only ?

Thanks very much

Nick
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, this you need customize directly in the CSS. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
skyehog
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by skyehog »

Hi Jan - thanks for the reply.

I was worried you might say that :(

I can feel a copy of 'CSS for Dummies' approaching I think .....

Love the Phoca suite by the way !

Cheers

Nick