Open Graph Plugin - Introtext as description - not working as expected

Phoca plugins - support for all Phoca plugins except Phoca Gallery plugins
sven@mediafish.es
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Open Graph Plugin - Introtext as description - not working as expected

Post by sven@mediafish.es »

Hi,

On my site http://www.mediafish.es/ I have installed the Phoca Open Graph Plugin and use the following settings: Introtext As Description: No

So I assumed it takes the og:description from my meta description but it does not - instead it takes the introtext of the first featured artilce.

How can I change the settings in order that it takes the information from my meta description?

Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Open Graph Plugin - Introtext as description - not working as expected

Post by Jan »

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
sven@mediafish.es
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by sven@mediafish.es »

Hi,

Thanks but that does not help me.

I have two intro articles on my site and the description is taken from the first but I want the Og description to be taken from the menu meta description of the menu item home.

Therefore inside the Plugin we have the option (I thought) to set: Introtext as as description to No.

So according to your link there is no way I can set the og description on my homepage correctly as it always takes the first article's meta description or the first articles menu meta description.

But I need to show a different meta description on the homepage - and not the first article's description...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the way to do is to customize the plugin and change the ordering. Unfortunately, there can be so many combinations which cannot be set properly per parameters (it is not reasonable to do hundreds of parameters for different combinations as then all the memory will be used for checking the parameters), so the way is to easily modify it in code :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project