Hierarchical menues & breadcumb path

Phoca modules - support for all Phoca modules except Phoca Gallery modules
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Hierarchical menues & breadcumb path

Post by Jan »

Hi, the override should be set in template html folder, there you can set own "default.php" files and override the component outputs - html/com_phocagallery/view/ default ... php

Can I see the site where this occurs - the name without a link - not sure what part rendered this but if this is a subcategory and there is no the link, then the link needs to be customized from <...>Name of subcategory<...> should be set to <a href="link to subcategory">Name of subcategory</a> ...

Anyway is the subcategory which is displayed on your screenshot produced by standard output of the component or with help of different function?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
KarEm
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by KarEm »

Hi Jan,

many thanks for your help.

I'm using an own template based on the "free Base Template from Joomla CSS" for Joomla 3.x.

To exclude any influence from this own template I've it deinstalled and the Phoca Tre template set as default.

To trace the behavior I've defined several hierarchical Phoca Gallery Categories.

Unfortunately the site I'm working on is not yet online as I'm still in the test and verification phase. I hope that with the included screenshots and the use of the standard Phoca Tre template a sufficient environment is provided to answer your questions.

As you can see there is a comparable behavior regarding this link topic.

In addition I've inserted two Firebug screenshot that show (hopefully) the relevant entries.

Looking forward to your answer

Kind regards
KarEm
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, not sure if I am not lost in conversation.

Normaly, the title of the category like the title of the image do not have any link in category view so if you need to add a link, such needs to be customized directly in the html output: components\com_phocagallery\views\category\tmpl\default_images.php

Code: Select all

// Subfolder Name
			if ($cv->type == 1) {
				if ($cv->display_name == 1 || $cv->display_name == 2) {
					echo '<div class="pg-cv-name pg-cv-folder">'.PhocaGalleryText::wordDelete($cv->title, $this->tmpl['char_cat_length_name'], '...').'</div>';
				}
			}
In categories view, there is a link
In category view, there is no link - so the category title and image title have the same design. In category view, there cannot be linked image title as some javascript popup methods uses links to define image instances.

For example: if there is one link, popup window takes it as one instance, but if there are more links then the images will be doubled in popup view (link is starter to display image detail and if there will be more links, there will be two or more starters and the popup javascript methods take these starters as image instances)

So if you need to display link below the category (to have the same design for category and categories view but have different for category name and image name) the code needs to be customized (see above) - there the link needs to be implemented.

Jan
KarEm
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by KarEm »

Hi Jan,

thanks for your explanations. I'll look at that in more detail.

Kind regards
KarEm
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
KarEm
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by KarEm »

Hi Jan,

I've added the link according to your proposal and it works as expected.

Hence, the navigation is uniform within the categories (from top category down the categories tree). Breadcrumbs entries are ok as well.

Thanks again for your support, I really appreciate it.

Kind regards
KarEm
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.

Jan