Phoca Download - download manager
Alexis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

"You have no rights to access this category" error

Post by Alexis »

Hello,

I have Joomla v3.6.2 and PhocaDownload v3.1.2

When I try to access to some documents I have the following error : You have no rights to access this category. But the access rights to the document and the parent category of the document are both set to "Public".
I have the same configuration for all my documents and categories (everything is Public) some are woking fine and others are not...

Do you have any idea of the problem ?

Thanks

Tags:
justgina
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: "You have no rights to access this category" error

Post by justgina »

I am having the same problem even though I have files listed in the category. Has this been confirmed as a bug? Is there a fix?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, can I see the site where this occurs?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
justgina
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by justgina »

I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire package of components, modules and plugins which resolved this error, but now I cannot get the preview and play buttons to show up.

I have looked through the Options and enabled the preview and play functions and copied my files into the phocadownloadpap folder but I can't get the files to preview instead of download. The preview and play buttons do not show up anywhere on the frontend.

My site is not yet public so I will give you the site URL in a private message after your next response.
justgina
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by justgina »

Actually, I just fixed that problem too... After researching how to get the "preview" and "play" buttons to appear (by copying all the files into the phocadownloadpap folder) I decided the easiest way to create a preview and play link was to copy the column of data where the file path is stored in the sql table into the "preview" and "play" columns.

In phpmyadmin, I exported the table com_phocadownload into a csv file and opened the file in MS Excel.

Once opened, I copied the column of data where the file path is stored and pasted that data into the next 2 columns (I and J) respectively. After copying the file path to columns I and J, I saved the .csv file and imported it into my com_phocadownload table (after emptying the table of all data to prevent errors).

After I imported the csv file into the table, I refreshed my site. I now have all of my preview and play buttons appearing next to all files that are able to be previewed/played by phocadownload.

Very nice component! Keep up the great work!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
marcz99
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by marcz99 »

Hello,
I have the same problem on a website where it used to work before I updated to Joomla 3.62 ou 3.64. I'm using the 3.1.2 version of Phoca Download and the lastest Phoca download plugin and everything is set on Public, but guests can't access the PDF files on the frontend. However, it works when I log in as administrator of the site.
Here is a link.
http://www.ucathle.fr/index.php/infos/c ... ns-a-venir
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
marcz99
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by marcz99 »

Problem solved. I tweaked a few settings and after a few changes, got things working again the way I wanted it to be.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.

Jan