Impossible to sort files

Phoca Download - download manager
jemiAdmin
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Impossible to sort files

Post by jemiAdmin »

I'm trying to sort files in a category.

When I try to select a file or a text label and move it, all the other items in the table disappear and nothing happens when I release the mouse button.

I'm using the latest version of Pocha Dowload with the latest version of Joomla 3.x. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Last edited by jemiAdmin on 05 Mar 2016, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
jemiAdmin
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Impossible to sort files

Post by jemiAdmin »

I'd like to mention that I've tested this issue and it is present in all browsers.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

Did you try in this way?: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/17-phoca- ... parameters

Category Ordering - (Ordering Ascending | Ordering Descending | Title Ascending | Title Descending | Date Ascending | Date Descending | ID Ascending | ID Descending) Set category ordering

File Ordering - (Ordering Ascending | Ordering Descending | Title Ascending | Title Descending | Date Ascending | Date Descending | ID Ascending | ID Descending) Set file ordering

or is there an Icon beside of order column?

kind regards, Christine
robotecho
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by robotecho »

Hi, I am seeing the same issue. Attempting to re-order a list of files within a category results in the full text content for that file being dumped in the ordering column, and breaks the page making any other changes impossible. It looks like a javascript issue. I have some categories where it is not a problem, but one category where it is. Happy to provide admin access if you need it to see this issue, it is fairly major as it makes re-ordering of files in this category impossible.

I have manually re-ordered them in the database for now, but that is not a good solution long term.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, which version of Phoca Download and Joomla! you exactly using? Do you get the problem in administration? when moving items? If yes, this seems like this is know issue in latest Joomla! version. I am preparing changes - similar problem was in Phoca Gallery, so in next version I hope, this will be ready for new changes in Joomla!

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
wdburgdorf
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by wdburgdorf »

I think this is exactly the issue that a client found on his site. But it only happens in one category, everywhere else sorting works fine. I shot a video of it:
http://www.screencast.com/users/wdburgd ... a70426c3b6

If this is a Joomla issue, would you have a link to documentation of it? A workaround perhaps? A quick Google search did not give any results.
My setup: J!3.4.4, Phoca Download 3.0.6

Thank you!
wdburgdorf
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by wdburgdorf »

I got it! With a little help from my client, I found that it is just one entry that causes it. But when moved to another category, there was no problem with this entry. Eventually I found that this entry has the same id and catid. So I changed the id of that entry: Problem solved.
It's a time bomb, though, so I hope you can find the source and a solution for the issue, Jan. Thank you!

EDIT: I tried this with standard Joomla articles, and found no problem there.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the video, this is known issue came with Joomla! 3.4.4, now I am working on new version of Phoca Download and this should be solved there.

Jan
jemiAdmin
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

[SOLVED] Re: Impossible to sort files

Post by jemiAdmin »

Hello, I've now tested version 3.1 and the issue is solved! Thanks a lot for your work!!!!!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.

Jan