Most Downloaded Files

Phoca Download - download manager
dermozza
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Most Downloaded Files

Post by dermozza »

Hi,

in welcher Datei nimmt man diese Änderungen vor?
muj
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by muj »

Hi

I'm using the Phoca Download Search Plugin for Joomla 3.x

Having problem directly going to the searched file link. My site already have several files.

My question is in the components\com_phocadownload\views\categories\tmpl\default.php there are three instances of PhocaDownloadHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute

In line 37, 68 and 181. What line shall I change to as brentwilliams2 said

Code: Select all

JRoute::_(PhocaDownloadHelperRoute::getFileRoute($value->id,$value->categoryid,$value->alias))
Any help will be appreciated
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in fact all or only such places you need, it is up to you which links you want to translate from category view to detail view.

But the next question is, what exactly is the goal of the customization. You are writing about the search module, but you have add the path to file which is inside the categories view of component.

So if you want to change the links in search plugin - you need to set it in module
If you want to chnage it in the categories view (I think not, as from categories you should go to category view) then in categeries view :idea:

Se depends on which links you need to change - if in component (categories, or category view) or in search plugin?

jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
muj
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by muj »

Jan wrote:But the next question is, what exactly is the goal of the customization. You are writing about the search module, but you have add the path to file which is inside the categories view of component.
jan
The goal is to let my joomla site visitors to quickly jump to the exact file that contain the searched keyword. Now what happens is if someone searches for a keyword the joomla site shows results containing the keyword. But if one clicks the link in the search results it shows all the files in the category. As my site contain several files in one category it is very difficult to quickly find the file.

I'm looking for an easy way to customize to achieve that goal with so many existing files and categories in my site.

In the previous version of joomla and the previous phocadownload search plugin works good as i remember.

Thank you for the response and really appreciate your work
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

- the download goes to category view where the file is included because the file view is not a default view.

- the customization should be done in the search plugin, not in Phoca Download component, see previous posts, there are guides how to change the link easily in the search plugin from category view to file view (if used on the server)

In the future, I will add the parameter to the search plugin, so it can link to file view.

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, added to version 3.0.6 of the plugin.

Jan