:twisted: :twisted:

Kind regards,
Benno
lveronese
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: CATEGORY MUST HAVE A TITLE

Post by lveronese »

Hi, I have installed the latest version of Phoca Download into a Joomla 1.7 site and I'm experiencing this error in creating the first category.
I have extracted the sql file and executed but the names of the tables are wrong since they have a prefix "#" instead of the one I've selected.
Maybe the issue is just that. In Joomla 1.7 during the installation phase I've been asked to specify a prefix for my Joomla DB tables. Instead of the standard "jos", I've selected another "lver" so now all my joomla tables have this prefix.
The installation procedure of Phoca Download in J1.7 do not create the tables at all.
In the sql file I've replaced the "#" prefix with my own prefix and run the script again. Now the tables have the correct prefix, but it does not work anyway.

Is Joomla 1.7 so different form 1.6 ?

Currently, at least for me, Phoca Download is completely unusable.

Thanks a lot
Luciano
lveronese
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by lveronese »

Sorry guys, it's my fault, I did an extremely silly mistake (shame on me!).

Tried on Joomla 1.7, work perfectly!

Bye
Luciano
lveronese wrote:Hi, I have installed the latest version of Phoca Download into a Joomla 1.7 site and I'm experiencing this error in creating the first category.
I have extracted the sql file and executed but the names of the tables are wrong since they have a prefix "#" instead of the one I've selected.
Maybe the issue is just that. In Joomla 1.7 during the installation phase I've been asked to specify a prefix for my Joomla DB tables. Instead of the standard "jos", I've selected another "lver" so now all my joomla tables have this prefix.
The installation procedure of Phoca Download in J1.7 do not create the tables at all.
In the sql file I've replaced the "#" prefix with my own prefix and run the script again. Now the tables have the correct prefix, but it does not work anyway.

Is Joomla 1.7 so different form 1.6 ?

Currently, at least for me, Phoca Download is completely unusable.

Thanks a lot
Luciano
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Ok.

Kind regards,
Benno
zigglepig
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by zigglepig »

Hi

I am getting this error brand new install of joomla 1.7 and Phoca Download version 3.1all the database files are there so I went into the database directly and added the 3 categories I wanted to try and cheat the error but when I went back into phoca they arent there so I cant add then from phoca or directly and I have no idea what could have gone wrong can you help please?

sharon
zigglepig
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by zigglepig »

Hi if this helps anyone else then it is worth posting I installed the joomla 1.5 version on joomla 1.7 so had 3.1 of phoca instead of 2.1.3 such an easy mistake when your tired and this causes the error I was getting now I have removed and reinstalled the correct version its all fine.

sharon
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
zigglepig
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by zigglepig »

Hi I did post this elsewhere after I got utterlery confused by what I was doing anyway I did getting it working in nthe end it was gallery I had problems with what I did was uninstall it all then I did a manual update of the database and then installed gallery again this now works it seem if you install gallery normally the databse doesnt see the connection to the database files unless you install thenm manuall first the install over the top. Is this a bug?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, this seems like some problem on the server, maybe some limitation, etc :idea:
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project