Phoca Documentation - creating documentation in Joomla! CMS
benderete
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phocas Documentation allow access to restricted articles

Post by benderete »

Hi,

I've tried Phoca Documentation and I've found the following issue:

I've a Knowledge Base for internal use built with Joomla 3.1. This site have all Categories with Public Access, but some Articles are restricted to registered users (Public Articles for all users and restricted articles only for IT staff).
Well, I've found that Phoca shows all articles (public and restricted) to unregistered users and they can access to the restricted articles through Phoca.
Curiosly, the Phoca Documentation's Most Viewd Articles list shows the correct articles, but the articles "directory" of Phoca show all and allow access to all.

Kind Regards.

P.S.: Excuse my english.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phocas Documentation allow access to restricted articles

Post by Jan »

Hi, sorry, I don't understand, Phoca Documenation does not display articles themselves, it only display article titles - in case such article is not public, clicking on the link will end with login site. As rights are not managed by Phoca Documenation.

I will test it, please let me know:

- where exactly are the registered articles listed - in category view (if in category view I will change it so they will be not displayed, but if they are displayed in category view, this does not mean, the article contents can be read by public as the rights are set by content component, see above)
- are you really sure that clicking on link to article will display registered article for public? If yes, you should report it to Joomla! forum as Joomla! content component is the only one component which is responsible for displaying articles - Phoca Documentation does not display articles only their names and links to these articles - if they will be displayed or not (login will be displayed instead of article) is set in Joomla! content component.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
benderete
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by benderete »

Hi Jan,

Like unregistered user, when i click in one Category link (using Phoca Documentation) all articles are listed (public and restricted to registered user) and when i click in one restricted article link the article content is displayed.
Browsing through Categories and Articles with standard components (no Phoca Documentation) all works fine.

EDIT: More information.
I've been testing more in depth and i've found the following:

If I set in Article Manager Option (Component Configuration) --> Tab Articles --> Show unauthorised Links = Yes:
- (browsing unregistered) Phoca lists all articles in category, and if i click an restricted article the content is displayed.
- (browsing unregistered) With a menu Item Type = "Category List" the restricted articles titles are listed in the format <article_title_without_link>: <link_to_login_form_with_text_register_to_read_more...>

If I set in Article Manager Option (Component Configuration) --> Tab Articles --> Show unauthorised Links = No:
- (browsing unregistered) Phoca lists all articles in category, and if i click a restricted article a message indicating that i am not allowed to view it instead the article content is displayed
- (browsing unregistered) With a menu Item Type = "Category List" the restricted articles are not listed.

Then I'll use Phoca with unauthorised links = No.

Thanks.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, changed in 3.0.1

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project