Using Google reCAPTCHA

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
rosede
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Using Google reCAPTCHA

Post by rosede »

I want to use the Google "I am not a robot" reCAPTCHA. A lot of my user are older, and its difficult for them to use the normal reCAPTCHA (hell, its even difficult for me to use). Plus, spam still gets posted to my guestbook, and I"m guessing that the spam bots know how to beat the current reCAPTHA.

The documentation says to put a snippet of code into the HTML template, and the other into the form where I want the reCAPTCHA to be displayed.
Paste this snippet before the closing </head> tag on your HTML template:
<script src='https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js'></script>
Paste this snippet at the end of the <form> where you want the reCAPTCHA widget to appear:
<div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="super secret code"></div>
The problem is; I don't know where these go.

Where should I insert this code?

Thank you.

Daryl
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Using Google reCAPTCHA

Post by Jan »

Hi, I still didn't find time to implement the new reCaptcha, so this will come in some of the next version (for now I need to prepare the components for Joomla! 3.7 which will take a lot of time, so cannot say when I will be ready to do it)

Anyway, captchas can be read by robots and even by human spammers, so try to see other protection settings like external services, they can help more:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/3-phoca-g ... -from-spam

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
rosede
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by rosede »

Jan wrote: 09 Mar 2017, 19:17 Hi, I still didn't find time to implement the new reCaptcha, so this will come in some of the next version (for now I need to prepare the components for Joomla! 3.7 which will take a lot of time, so cannot say when I will be ready to do it)

Anyway, captchas can be read by robots and even by human spammers, so try to see other protection settings like external services, they can help more:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/3-phoca-g ... -from-spam

Jan
Hello Jan,

Okay, I'll wait for the next version or for a future release of when you have it implemented.

I've implemented most of the spam prevention steps, but I still get spam. I finally set it so I would have to approve the post before it gets posted. Really a pain to have to do that, because I would like people to post their comments without any difficulties. But, the spammer ruin it for everyone

Thank you for the reply.

Daryl
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Did you implemented the external services, did you added content check?
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project