Upgrading Phoca Gallery

Phoca Gallery modules - modules for Phoca Gallery extension
pawlo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Upgrading Phoca Gallery

Post by pawlo »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to upgrade Phoca Gallery to the version 4.3.1 before upgrading Joomla. I used this instruction:
Upgrade Phoca Gallery:

Extensions » Install/Uninstall. Now you are in Extensions Manager. Click on Upload Package File - select the Phoca Gallery component ZIP file from your disc and click on Upload File & Install.
Then you can choose between Install or Upgrade Phoca Gallery component. Select Upgrade. If you select Install, all previously stored Phoca Gallery data in your database will be removed.

But I didn't have a chance to choose beetwen Upgrade and install so the newest version has installed. Now I lost everything. So is there any solution to fix it?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Upgrading Phoca Gallery

Post by Jan »

Hi, this information is obsolete, I will update it. For now you just update when you install the new package, it will automatically update the component.

Thank you for this info.
Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
pawlo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by pawlo »

Thank you. Thankfully I had backup and restored that.
Currently I am using 3.2.8 Phoca Gallery and Joomla 2.5.28. I assume this version of Phoca is not compatible with Joomla 3.x? So the main question is do I have to upgrade Phoca first before upgrading Joomla or first upgrading Joomla to 3.x version?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
use this guide for migration: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/50-phoca/ ... o-joomla-3

Kind regards,
Benno